Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• QuickBobMac
    QuickBobMac Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

[Removed - Rant/Language]

• jennajon
    jennajon Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

[Removed - Rant/No Soliciting]

• Ron Strong
    Ron Strong Windows Beta Beta

Same problem started on 9/27 when Quicken stated that I needed to reauthorize. Doing this apparently caused quicken to deactivate online access to Citi, although Quicken responds as if still activated for Citi . I noticed that actions on the citicard quicken window where download transactions was changed to set up online. When reactivation is attempted, the program tries reauthorize Citicards, with the same responses, instead reactivating. There is currently to deactivate Citi online. All attempts to do that just go to reauthorization of Citi. I hope that you can understand this and note that authorization and activatiom are two different subroutines.

Premier Subscription
    There are no bugs, just unintended features,

• I am also getting an FDP-390 code asking me to reset the channel. There is no way to do that in Quicken, as far as I know. The reset button under account information doesn't exist anymore.

• kmagnush
    kmagnush Member ✭✭

Still failing. Is there anyone even working at Quicken?

• jim@1
    jim@1 Member ✭✭

Same here. Started a few days ago

• same issue here

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

For anyone that does plan to stick with Quicken (I've been using them for more than 25 years and not gonna jump ship over the very occasional glitch), it is possible to pretty easily find discount subscription renewals. My last one was $35, and I have another waiting to add on in a few months at the same price.

Certainly possible to move around from package to package as they each experience glitches (and all will). But for those that can deal with infrequent issues, getting it cheaper is certainly better.

Cheers.

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭

I’m still working with this no matter what I do Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

The last time Q got it fixed it downloaded 2 years of duplicate transactions, that was a mess -

• John McClure
    John McClure Member ✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue.

I'll follow this post to see if there is a solution soon!

I'm using MS Edge, Windows 11

Quicken Classic

version R59.6

Build 27.1.59.6

• Fred9255
    Fred9255 Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

[Removed - Rant]

• jdmajors
    jdmajors Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

I was able to restore my Citi/Costco connection. Then I saw the notice of system problems with Citi bank cards. Why was I able to restore my connection?

At the same time my discover card is reporting big discrepancy in the quicken balance and the bank balance.

What is going on?

• DanTax
    DanTax Member ✭✭

I have the same issue

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭

Same exact problem. Extremely frustrating!

• SoopaNtz
    SoopaNtz Member ✭✭✭

I/m having the same problem. Reauthorizing the citibank accounts seems to be going OK until I am returned to Quicken. Then I get the Quicken screen telling me that login to Citibank has failed and directing me to try again. Then the cycle repeats.

• jdaawa413
    jdaawa413 Member ✭✭

I'm with Donnieboy - I will continue to use Quicken, although the current situation is frustrating.

I had a message when I first opened Quicken this morning about the Citi problem - no ETA at this point. If you go to Help in Quicken, the Quicken Support Website, there is info there - again, no ETA, but I'll probably go there before I try to download Citi transactions again.

• theepoet
    theepoet Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

Like @SoopaNtzI am having an issue connecting, even though I went to the Data Management hub and authorized connections via desktop apps. I also tried the search for "Citi cards" instead of picking the pre-populated displayed option. The website login works each time, but it does not connect when doing the one step update. Please see a screenshot of the error below.

I found a post from Quicken that everyone should follow. Currently, they are blocking connections to Citi Bank.

• If Quicken knows this is an issue, then tell us that through Quicken itself — and maybe stop prompting for the "re-authorization" until the problem is actually fixed???

You're wasting everyone's time by allow a re-auth that you know will fail — then forcing everyone to find this page to figure out the problem

I understand technical problems occur — but I have no patience for wasting your customer's time!

• Judy
    Judy Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

Quicken is listed as active in my Connected Apps. [Removed - Speculation] Don't understand why it is taking them so long to rectify.

• dives
    dives Member ✭✭

Same here…and its the 29th already…frustrating….

• EGR2021
    EGR2021 Member ✭✭

After thinking about this issue, as with the previous TD issue: Quicken is still the best option out there. Hands down. I ranted also. But when all is said and done, they'll fix it, we'll all move on, and live another day waiting to rant about the next issue. 😁

• dpf1947
    dpf1947 Member ✭✭

I got the same problem this morning….. Glad I checked the community site to see I'm not the only one - definitely a quicken problem….

• mvwabc
    mvwabc Member ✭✭✭

Same issue with Costco VISA.

• john12
    john12 Member ✭✭

Hoping for resolution…

• bbeaud
    bbeaud Member ✭✭

It has been over 48 hrs and no fix to the citi bank issue. Guys get it fixed.

• CaptainJJ
    CaptainJJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

Agree.

• wilson_carter
    wilson_carter Member ✭✭✭

When attempting one step update a few weeks ago I started having trouble with the Citibank Costco card not updating. I tried deactivating it, then reactivating the connection. Citibank tells me the accounts have been authorized successfully, but Quicken apparently has a software glitch or programming error that does not allow it to accept Citibank anymore because when I return to Quicken it tells me the authorization has failed. This problem has continued (and repeated itself) for quite some time. Is anyone at Quicken working to fix this? Is there an estimated time it will be fixed?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 29

And just how do you know that it isn't Citi that messed this up?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• lauraltyndall
    lauraltyndall Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

I am having the same issue.

This discussion has been closed.