Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• RJTJR
    RJTJR Member
    edited September 28

I've wasted a lot of time as well, trying to figure out why my Citi transactions won't download. Sure would be nice if Quicken would let users know what's happening

• To anyone trying the fix that involves switching to Direct Connect, it definitely looks like it links, but has anyone actually pulled any new transactions using it? Mine looks like it is going through the motions, but not actually downloading any new transactions (and there are plenty to be downloaded!)

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Judy
    Judy Member ✭✭

Thanks!

• TikiTheCat
    TikiTheCat Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

Same here. I reloaded version 58.8 and it still doesn't work with Citi

• Mark Lang
    Mark Lang Member ✭✭

Quicken Classic - didn't work for me

• Failure needs to be fixed ASAP please.

• Boatnmaniac

I had 2 new transactions download from Citi Cards with DC yesterday and 2 more download today. What I did notice is that these 4 transactions took 3 days each after the transaction date to post at CITI. That's a little longer than usual but still within the normal range.

Note that Pending transactions (ones that show up on the website but have not yet posted there yet) will not download into Quicken at all with DC. The Pending transactions function only works with EWC and EWC+ connections.

There have also been no error messages of any kind for me using Citi Cards with DC for the last couple of weeks.

• tcschung
    tcschung Member ✭✭

I followed the steps and was able to change to Direct Connection. However, I got a OL-306-A saying my Citibank Costco Card is not authorized for this request.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭

Boatmaniac's instructions worked for me. I didn't have any transactions but in quicken accounts now

shows citi working with todays download

• kmagnush
    kmagnush Member ✭✭

That's interesting. Thanks!

• markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭

The fix described above works for Citi Cards so I can now get credit card connection, but is NOT working for regular Citibank (checking/savings). Trying to add a new account for Citibank, then selecting "advance options", does NOT provide an option for Direct Connect, only express or web connect. Does anyone know if there is a workaround for regular Citibank checking??

• Boatnmaniac

Citibank does not have a DC option. It support only EWC+ (the connection that is currently paused) and Web Connect (WC). You can try to use WC with your banking (checking, savings) account by logging into your online account. Then manually download the transactions from there in QFX or "Quicken" or "Web Connect" format files. After the WC file is downloaded you can manually import it into Quicken and match to your banking accounts. A few comments/suggestions:

1. Enter your Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction. You don't have to do this but doing it can save you a lot of time an trouble should the Opening Balance dollar amount get changed during the import process.
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. When the QFX file is imported you will be prompted to do something with it. Make sure to Link it to your existing account in Quicken.
    4. If you are not given the opportunity to Link it, you can either Add it to Quicken as a new account and then Move the appropriate transacts from there to your current account in Quicken, or you can deactivate your current account and then try to import and Link it, again.

Let us know if this worked for you so others can do the same if they wish to.

• TikiTheCat
    TikiTheCat Member ✭✭

Thank you. I only have to delete a few transactions and I'm happy.

• It worked for me. Thanks

• David Finke
    David Finke Member ✭✭

same here!! Exhausting!

• TWG3
    TWG3 Member ✭✭

Same issue

• Web connect works, direct connect does not.

• Same issue here - yesterday and again today!

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28

I relinked my Citi Cards account with DC.

DC connected successfully and downloads have no errors, but Online Balance no longer displays in the register and the last statement download date shows as 0/0/1900.

When using EWC+( when it was working), Online Balance displays and last statement download date was correct.

I did a Validate of the file and an erroneous transaction dated 0/0/1900 was found and corrected.

I retried Citi download and now Online Balance shows and Last Statement download is correct. Converting between DC to EWC+ to DC had created a bad transaction evidently.

End result, DC appears to be working.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• markberlind
    markberlind Member ✭✭✭

Thanks very much, Boatnmaniac; the web connect option worked for me. Not a sustainable long-term solution, but at least I could bring my checking account up to date and manage this week's transactions.

• cgpspencer
    cgpspencer Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

I did try to add an account using the instructions given by @Quicken Kristina . However, even when I used Search and clicked Advanced Options, the first time I got a screen asking if I wanted Express Connect or Web Connect, and then the regular authorization screen that timed out even though the bank authorization screens said I had successfully authorized. On some of the subsequent attempts, I didn't even get the choice of methods screens - it went directly to the "Citibank needs you to authorize your accounts" screen, and again eventually said it timed out. This happened even after I completely closed Quicken and started it again.

• Having the same issue. You described it well!

• Boatnmaniac

It seems that Quicken has not yet been authorized for 3rd party access to your account. To fix this, log into your online account at Citi.com and go to the Data Management Hub as shown here. Once you have added Quicken with 3rd party access you will have 10 minutes to go to Quicken and set up Citi Cards with DC.:

• yuriw
    yuriw Windows Beta Beta

That is useful, but I do see Quicken listed under Active IDs

• Ditto - Exact same issue but now on day 3!! Quicken - is this being looked at?

• MAA63
    MAA63 Member
    edited September 28

I'm having the same problem. I use Firefox. Did you get a resolution?

MAA

• alj365
    alj365 Quicken Windows Subscription Member
    edited September 28

My issue is the same as wamurray1923 and Tom Young. I'm also getting tired of spending to much time trying to maintain quicken when I didn't cause the problem.

wamurray1923 Member ✭✭September 26 edited September 27

Exact same issue - getting tired of spending more time maintaining quicken than using it. Much more of this and I'm gone.

[Edit - Reduced Image Size]

• Cavnaugh
    Cavnaugh Member ✭✭

Found the same today but also it removed my settings from my Citi Accounts and remove on-line update.

This discussion has been closed.