Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• Orris
    Orris Member ✭✭

Same here,

• fong424
    fong424 Member ✭✭

Another long time Quicken user/Citibank customer (Banking, Credit Cards, Investments) with this issue.

• litesign
    litesign Member ✭✭

As stated above by rlmarket…

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956141/updated-9-26-24-citi-card-citi-bank-all-associated-citi-fis-downloading-incorrect-transactions#latest

• Wendy
    Wendy Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

While trying to do the one step update today, I got Citi reauthorization errors in the summary page. Unfortunately I didn't catch a screenshot of those. I clicked reauthorize on each of them, but they all failed in Quicken (although e-mails from Citi say they were successfully authorized). Quicken must have deactivated the online thing, because they didn't show up in the One Step Update Settings page after I tried to reauthorize them. I tried to set up online updates, but it always fails. I've rebooted my computer, cleared cache and cookies, tried several browsers including Edge, Chrome and Firefox.

I have Windows 11, Quicken Classic Deluxe Version R59.6, Build 27.1.59.6

Here are the screenshots I was able to get in order. I use our 3 Citi accounts for most of my transactions, so I would love to not have to manually enter all of the transactions…

• DP Florida
    DP Florida Member ✭✭

Citibank says authorization is successful, then takes me back to Quicken where I get a dialogue message saying it failed because of a timeout issue and suggesting I retry.

Is anyone from Quicken going to reply to these issues?

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Since it has already been confirmed that this impacts everyone, which I interpret to mean that it impacts everyone, I wonder how many more "same here," "me too" or "is his happening to anyone else?" posts we'll get. Along with the same screenshots :)

• DOS
    DOS Member ✭✭

Another Quicken failure! What happened? When will it be fixed? As usual all Quicken can say is "This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time." Interestingly there was a Quicken update yesterday. I remember when Quicken would BETA test new versions of Quicken before releasing them. I was an "unpaid" BETA tester for several years. I did receive a complimentary copy of the final version when it was released as compensation. Now we are all "unpaid" BETA testers and we still have to pay for the privilege of using Quicken. 🤑

• rgrossha
    rgrossha Member
    edited September 27

I have the same issue. Cannot connect in any fashion.

• delvelmagomes
    delvelmagomes Member
    edited September 27

That is exactly what happens to me. I was authorized successfully but sign in to Citibank failed

• samirpatel
    samirpatel Member ✭✭

I have the same issues. It started on 9/26/24.

• Brian McDonald
    Brian McDonald Member ✭✭✭✭

Same issues that everyone else is having. Looks like a Quicken problem, not a Citibank problem.

• MFQuigley
    MFQuigley Member ✭✭

I am having the same authorization issue with my Citi card. Interestingly, my Shell & Exxon cards, which are issued through Citi retail, are unaffected.

• Same issue is there a fix?

• Colin B
    Colin B Member ✭✭

Thank you! I used "Citi Cards" and "Direct Connect" and it appears to have fixed all four of my Citi cards. I also logged in to Citi and went to "Manage Desktop Apps" (Profile → More Settings) and clicked on "Add Access", though I'm not sure if this was actually necessary.

• kennlee
    kennlee Member
    edited September 27

Yep. Happened to me this morning (9/27). My account never switched to Chase, but the rest of the problems are identical.

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭

Citi says I've properly re-authorized. But the Quicken download isn't working.

• Crewdog68
    Crewdog68 Member ✭✭

Ugh! Not again. They just fixed TD Bank and now its Citibank!

• mjackson60
    mjackson60 Member ✭✭✭

Like everyone else, I have same issue. Citibanks says good. Quicken shows failed. Frustating.

• Same here.

• Brad2
    Brad2 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I'm having the same issue

• dan assh
    dan assh Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

same here

• dan assh
    dan assh Member ✭✭
    edited September 28

nothing works

• Q54
    Q54 Member ✭✭

Same issue:

Citi bank authorizes successfully => “Your accounts have been authorized successfully!”

But Quicken unable to connect to Citibank: => “Sign in to Citibank bank failed. Try again.”

Drive me crazy!

• I am having the same issue for several days now. Very frustrating.

• jrmankoff
    jrmankoff Quicken Mac 2017 Member

same issue

• FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭

I think the good people at Quicken got the message. I don't think it is necessary for any additional comments/replies.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • Called CitiBank, they said everything working on there end. Still broken 5:00PM CST time

• Harvey Modlin
    Harvey Modlin Member ✭✭

To be clear, the problem is affecting both Quicken Classic on Windows and on MacOS. As stated elsewhere in this thread, we can see that the Quicken company is aware of the problems and they are working on it.

Harvey
This discussion has been closed.