Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• abpower
    abpower Member ✭✭

What is the purpose of this forum where everyone is reporting the same problem but so far quicken has not posted a solution?

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bruce763 -

So here's the problem: I followed the add new account fix, (Citi cards) and added my Costco Visa, along with checking, a CD, and a Citi AAdvantage mastercard.

The Citi Cards connection setup has always only worked with credit cards. It was never compatible with checking, savings and CD accounts before. So, I am really surprised by this.

But I just noticed the FIDIR.txt file (the Financial Institutions Directory), which lists all financial institutions that support Quicken, the types of accounts that they support for downloads and the types of connection methods that they support, has changed for Citi Cards and it now includes Banking (checking and savings) accounts. I find it very odd that Intuit would make this change for a FI listing what was previously specifically only for credit cards.:

04894 04894 04894 Citi Cards https://online.citi.com/US/login.do 1-800-347-4934 https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do ACTIVE CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&DIRECT CREDIT&WEB-CONNECT BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

But using the Citi Cards connection set up should show the connection is with Citi Cards and not with Costco Anywhere Visa Card By Citi. The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi is a totally different Citi FI in Quicken which the FIDIR.txt file shows as including Banking (checking, savings) accounts, too.:

65994 65994 65994 Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi https://online.citibank.com/US/Welcome.c NA https://online.citibank.com/US/JPS/portal/Index.do ACTIVE BANKING,CREDIT,ACCOUNTINFO&EXP-WEB-CONNECT NOT_QBP NA

I actually do not remember this FI being present in the FIDIR.txt file before but maybe my memory fails me on this. Still, why would Intuit have Banking downloads included in another FI that per the name should be for credit cards only?

So, yeah, I agree that there is something weird going on and it looks like we might need to wait a bit longer to see how this all settles out.

…then I got a message that it was downloading various transactions — 475 days back with the master card, 187 with the costco.

This is not uncommon. Usually what ends up happening is that Quicken will compare the transaction IDs of those transactions to the transactions IDs of the transactions that were previously entered into the account. Quicken will then disregard the transaction IDs that are the same to prevent duplicates from being entered into the account register. Sometimes, when reconnecting accounts that process does not completely succeed and some duplicate transactions will still get entered into the register. In most cases, when duplicate transactions do occur, they will be found within the last 90 days time period.

I have not yet been able to reconnect my credit cards with the Citi Cards EWC+ connection setup in my test data file. (I have my credit cards in my main data file set up for download via Citi Card DC which for me has worked very well through this whole mess.) I will try one more time tonight and if that fails, I will try, again, in the morning.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Bruce763
    Bruce763 Member ✭✭✭

The purpose is to make sure Quicken knows how many people are affected by this, and hopefully push them to get it fixed faster. 14 pages of comments is a lot harder to ignore.

• gregandrews
    gregandrews Member ✭✭

same problem here

• Fenton1979
    Fenton1979 Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

Update. I followed nerdindenial’s post about using the Costco anywhere visa bank to re link my account and the issue has been resolved.

according to the post below the issue has been fixed for Costco Citi cards which I have. However quicken is asking me to authenticate my account again so I get redirected to the website to enter my credentials then get sent back to quicken but still encounter an error. Has anyone with a Costco Citi card been able to download transactions again?

• cowguy
    cowguy Member ✭✭

This worked for me, from a post by Krandy:

Add a new account and select 'Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi' from the list of CITI accounts to add field. Select and then follow instructions to add. Once connected, you can 'link to existing account' so you do not have duplicates.

(It won't rename your account to "Costco. . .etc "). Just link to your existing account.

• BJL
    BJL Mac Beta Beta

I also got it back working this morning that way.

• Frank DeMello
    Frank DeMello Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Going through the process the Reauthorization is successful but I get an error on the Quicken side. The same error also happened deactivating the account and re setting it up:

I have reported the error twice. Please advise on a fix

• Reficken
    Reficken Member ✭✭

I do have Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi and Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" has corrected my issue. There seems, however, the other Citi Cards are still excepted from the resolution due to wrong transaction downloads.

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

It is still not working for me either even as adding as a new account. When the moderator refers to "downloading" transactions working for Citi, does that simply mean the method of going directly to the website and manually downloading?

• Jnic
    Jnic Member ✭✭✭

My COSTCO CitiCard stopped working a couple of days ago and my EWC+ account was deactivated by Quicken. So, I stopped trying to reactivate after reading the message from Qicken Jasmine “UPDATED! 9/29/24 Citicard - Downloading Incorrect Transactions/Errors when updating/ FDP-390/CC-902.”

I saw an email message this morning from Kristina that "We have updated the Costco Citi Credit Card to allow for the download of transactions. This connection option should download transactions normally; all other CITI connection options will continue to receive an error FDP-390, CC-902, and reauthorization requests when attempting to update or add accounts."

Sadly, that's not true in my case. I do not get the error codes and Citi acknowledges that it authorized the connection. However, when I return to Quicken, I get a message that the connection failed. Others in the forum suggested that adding the account as a new one and then linking it to the old one would work. But, not in my case. Quicken continues to say that the connection failed. Also, checking the “Sign In” after a failed attempt doesn’t work either. Quicken has just locked me out.

So no, the problem has not been resolved for Citi-Costco cards. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• RussReynolds
    RussReynolds Member ✭✭

@Fenton1979 , the Costco card worked for me. Although I selected Costco VISA as the bank, I had all three of my Citi Accounts (Costco VISA card, another credit card, and savings) come up after logging into Citi and authorizing. I was careful to only authorize the Costco VISA (for now). It returned to Quicken and successfully downloaded my missing Costco card transactions for the last week or so. Hopefully we get a solution to everything soon.

• Davod
    Davod Member ✭✭

I have been having same trouble for days

• If you are getting a "Sign In To Citi Failed" error you may want to check your password. I had a similar issue and found that the special character I was using in my password was causing the issue.

The original issue I had was with the brokerage account not showing on the Quicken "Activate Account Update" screen, even though it showed on and I checked the box on the "Authorize Screen" from the web browser.

FIX - I figured out the problem. I originally set up my username and password on Citibank's "Banking" website platform. There must have been a change on their "Investment" website platform sometime in August which disallowed the use of certain "Special Characters" in passwords. Their parameters for creating passwords is now not consistent among their different platforms. When Quicken sent my username and pw to Citi' servers, the banking login worked, but because I used one of the disallowed special characters in my password, when Quicken tried to access the brokerage data, it set off a login error and failed.

I hope this helps others who had the same frustrating problem.

• RKLEINE
    RKLEINE Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Not working for me, either. Citi shows the connection worked. Quicken displays a dialog stating the connection failed.

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭

worked 4 me too

• niallogara
    niallogara Member ✭✭

Citi automatic download still not working for me as of 8am on 9/30.

Echoing the sentiments of others here - very frustrating that Quicken appears to be unwilling to provide a timetable as to when this issue to be resolved.

• tpmedina
    tpmedina Member ✭✭

The downloads and updating my register just really screwed things up royally, luckily I copied my file over to a separate location and just used that, wrote over the messed up one. It was nice to have the online pending charges included so I knew down to the penny where things stood, now it's just havoc and the disconnect is just plain old frustrating, getting pretty angry here. I would think that Quicken would at least revert back to the previous version as an intermediate update just so we Citi folk could get back online until they fix the issue but until then I'm doing everything in Excel manually just to keep track.

• COLJC
    COLJC Member ✭✭

cannot reauthorize

• Ray Cosner
    Ray Cosner Member ✭✭✭✭

Two days ago I implemented the DC fix of @eghanson, which appeared to run the update but nothing new was delivered. Today I validated my data file, made no other changes and I got a good download including five new transactions!

• Scott Zucker
    Scott Zucker Member ✭✭

This issue appears to extend to bank accounts as well. I do not use any Citibank credit cards but on 9/27 my connection for my Citibank checking account stopped working. I received a message indicating that Citibank required me to reauthorize information sharing with Quicken. I have not been able to do that. I experience the exact sequence of events that so many others have described. I get as far as the being able to indicate which accounts to authorize and receivng a success message from Citibank, only to receive a message from Quicken that the process has failed.

• JBaksha21
    JBaksha21 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Using COSTCO anywhere visa———— worked for me as well

• husslein
    husslein Member ✭✭

** SOLUTION ** (for ANY Citi related accounts)

R59.6 / Build 27.1.5.9.6

Have Citibank issued accounts both checking, savings & credit card (not Costco branded). Historically used the Citi Citibank portal option in Quicken. Despite the proceeding, I too was being required to revalidate accounts and was unable to for the same reason(s)/error(s) as noted throughout prior historical posts.

Using the "+" to add a new account in Quicken, I:

1. searched "Citi"
    2. selected the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" portal option
    3. Used my normal/historical Citibank login credentials
    4. Upon verification by Quicken, existing Citi/Quicken accounts remapped (double-check them)
    5. Uploads then worked

I hope the above helps others (wasted 1.5 hours trying to resolve via all other solutions in historical posts)

Quicken: You Need to Do Better!

• Lee B.
    Lee B. Member ✭✭

I completed a validation — it didn't repair the problem.

• Lee B.
    Lee B. Member ✭✭

I validated. No change.

• checkman
    checkman Member ✭✭
    edited September 30
  • TJ-Wolf
    TJ-Wolf Member ✭✭

That worked well - been trying to figure out how to go back to Direct Connect for quite a while now.

• Lee B.
    Lee B. Member ✭✭

This procedure did not work for me. I got a message that "It's not your fault."

• TheHar
    TheHar Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Costco Citi still not working 09/29 830am CST

This discussion has been closed.