Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• MTOrens
    MTOrens Member ✭✭✭

To: Quicken Kristina,

YOU POSTED:

Quicken Kristina Moderator modSeptember 29

UPDATE 9/29/24

We have updated the Costco Citi Credit Card to allow for the download of transactions. This connection option should download transactions normally; all other CITI connection options will continue to receive an error FDP-390, CC-902, and reauthorization requests when attempting to update or add accounts.

Thank you for your patience.

My Costco Citi Card still is not downloading!!! HELP!!!

• sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭

Here to have a voice; I also can't download Citi activity from checking/savings accounts. We pay a MANDATORY Quicken fee every year, for what?

I shouldn't have to deploy a workaround.

• tom.strader
    tom.strader Member ✭✭

I was able to re-setup my Citi accounts by using "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as the institution and it re-authorized all of my Citi accounts.

• SFCallaghan
    SFCallaghan Member
    edited September 30

As of today, 9/30, Citi Card is still not downloading.

• Same issue. Please fix it.

• kilingiros .
    kilingiros . Member ✭✭✭

There's always an issue with OSU. Worst yet is when Quicken changes the opening balance when you reinstate an account to OSU and spend hours trying to figure out why you cannot balance the ledger.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Only one Citi FI is now working with EWC+. The others are not. Make sure you are trying to connect with Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi. This one will now work with Citi credit cards, checking and savings accounts. If your current connection is still activated, you will need to deactivate it and then then when prompted you will link the new connection setup to your current account(s) in Quicken.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• SForsgren
    SForsgren Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

I have been having the same issue for a couple of weeks now where it appears to work on the Citi side and then times out on the Quicken side. Is this working for anyone else?

Is Quicken doing anything to address this issue?

• getsyp
    getsyp Member ✭✭

Changed the Financial Institution to "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" worked for me even though I don't have a Costco card. Used Express Web Connect and only downloaded "new" transactions.

• SirDodo
    SirDodo Member ✭✭

Thank you, Husslein. Selecting Add Account and using "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" worked to reestablish connection to my two existing Citi accounts (only one of which was Costco Visa), without even trying to create a new account, which I didn't want.

My connection was lost late last week after Quicken required me to reauthorize my access with Citi. The Citi side of the process always seemed to go well, but the handoff back to Quicken always failed. Quicken presented the error page, "Sign in to Citibank failed. Try again. — Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser".

• ppernebo
    ppernebo Member ✭✭

Thank you - connecting to

"Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi"

worked for me as well for American Airlines Citi MasterCards. The update did not produce any duplicates.

• chucksav
    chucksav Member ✭✭

Thanks for posting this, Tom, that works. At first the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" did not appear in my institution list, but when I changed the default search from "Citibank" to just "Citi", the Costco card showed toward the bottom of the list and I was able to reconnect.

• jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

I was able to update today. The FI name I used was Costco Anywhere Credit Card by Visa. It is an Express Web Connect + connection.

Quicken user since 1995
    Win11 Deluxe Subscription thru 2024

• wilson_carter
    wilson_carter Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

As of 9/30, My Costco Citi Card is still not downloading either. Same error as before: Citi says downloading is authorized successfully, Quicken says authorization failed. Please do not report fixes that have not been accomplished!!

• Flashwood
    Flashwood Member ✭✭

After not being able to "convince" Quicken that I really DO want to re-authorize my Citibank Costco card for several days, I tried the above suggestion to change the financial institution to "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" and now the transactions are downloading no problem. But why didn't Quicken make it easy for us to get this fix? Like send us an email or a notification? I struggled going thru multiple support community discussions before I happened onto this one. Pretty annoying.

• SForsgren
    SForsgren Member ✭✭✭

I tried the Add Account option and got the same error. Still haven't found a workaround that works. :(

• dioxide45
    dioxide45 Member ✭✭✭

For Citi (I have their AAdvantage MC), just disconnecting the account and reconnecting seemed to fix the issue. I wasn't able to go through the steps of resolving it as it always produced an error from Quicken after authenticating the Quicken connection with Citi.

• plraymond
    plraymond Member ✭✭

Quicken tell me to log on to Citi and Citi sends me an email say I've authorized Quicken but Quicken rejects the request.

• wilson_carter
    wilson_carter Member ✭✭✭

I've tried the DC method described by @Boatnmaniac , I get a message that "the problem is not mine" but Quicken can't download from Citi and I have the choice of downloading everything manually or basically just don't worry about it. Since this is the main credit card my wife and I use, this option is not indicative of a professional service. I realize Quicken tries to be "all things to all people", but the result of that is normally it is not the best choice for most. How about getting back to basics?

• cnickel
    cnickel Member ✭✭

When I use the Costco workaround to add an account, the account which I am trying to link to does not show up among the choices. I've resorted to downloading transactions from the Citi site - not the solution I am looking for. Please fix this for all Citicard credit cards, not just Costco.

• Bill hancock
    Bill hancock Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

when is this Citi credit card issue going to be fixed

• SForsgren
    SForsgren Member ✭✭✭

Same here. The issue doesn't seem to be on the Citi side as they do email confirmation that it was authorized.

• ToddK
    ToddK Member ✭✭

I was able to connect to both my Citi Costco card AND Citi AAdvantage card by selecting "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as the financial institution when adding a new card.

HOWEVER, after doing that, at least the starting balance of my AAdvantage account changed from 0 to a non-zero value. It's unclear if there are any other problem transactions as my account data goes back to 2018 and it's impossible to verify everything manually.

Why would the starting balance ever be changed after enabling online access?

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭

Ignore the answers Quicken is giving here about fixing the problem for Costco Citicards. It isn't fixed as of 9/30 11am Monday. The same loop of CITI saying it is fixed and Quicken saying it isn't.

• FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    We all know there is a problem, and we all know that Quicken is aware of it and working on a solution.
    May I suggest everyone chill out and wait for an update form @Quicken Kristina. You can monitor that message.

Have a nice day.

Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭

I would like to know . . . why hasn't quicken posted this? There are numerous responses that this works

I was able to update today. The FI name I used was Costco Anywhere Credit Card by Visa. It is an Express Web Connect + connection.

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

Lost DC to Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi. When I try to add account using Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi, I get the window to select

I select next and get this prompt

I click on Continue and get this error

This happens whenever I try to add a new account or add online services to the account that previously had online services. Been a problem for over a week

• cnickel
    cnickel Member ✭✭

@Jeff Skelton - I can attest that this fix does not work for everyone.

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

After a BECU/QUICKEN foul up this summer, I am very cautious about changing names or accounts before it gets fixed. I ended up spending a couple of hours trying to find an error in the download that wasn't there before the issue. Tuesdays are the usual update day and I'll have to hope beyond hope that Quicken gets its act together and gets the code right now. It shouldn't have to be a fix on my end for their own mistakes.

• I have the same issue. I see that they reportedly fixed the issue in the post below today, but it did not resolve the issue I am having (also referred to in the posts above). Hopefully somebody is looking into this issue also!
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956141/updated-9-26-24-citi-card-citi-bank-all-associated-citi-fis-downloading-incorrect-transactions

This discussion has been closed.