Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• fw6322+
    fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited September 30

It just keeps cycling!

Quicken keeps requesting and Citi Cards keeps authorizing.

• Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Announcement of a fix was premature. No one here is seeing it fixed.

Citi thinks everything is approved when I sign in and allow Quicken access. But Quicken does not:

Update:

In order to fix, remove the Financial Institution name and account # under the Citi account, then try to sync. This works now!

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

I am not able to reauthorize my account after the recent post said Citibank Downloads were good to go.

I start the process in Quicken, go to accounts, activate downloads, sign in to Citibank.

I get https://auth.citi.com/ASag/oauth2/consent and the screen is blank white.

On the Quicken side the wheel is just spinning.

Any solution?

• same problem continues as of 9/30 6:20 PM PDT

• Wil
    Wil Member ✭✭

Thank you @Wendy on p. 19 of these comments. My Costco Citi Visa cards are properly connected and updating, pulling just 4 days of prior transactions. Here's what I did, with a couple of added details:

• In Quicken, go to your Citi Visa acct, and click the actions gear icon in upper rt hand corner, > Edit Account Details > delete what is in the Financial Institution field (mine used to say Citi Card) and delete what is in the account number field > click OK to save with those two fields blank
    • Then in Account Details, click the Online Services tab and set up downloads, making sure to choose "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" as the financial institution > follow the prompts, choosing LINK TO EXISTING Quicken account (not ADD AN ACCOUNT), and choose your existing Quicken account for your card
    • When I downloaded, Quicken pulled just 4 days of transactions, not months or years worth, which was a relief.
    • I was able to update a couple of times today when I tested, and it worked fine.

Hope this helps

• sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭

Not working 9:27PM…. can't download Citi banking activity. Let's eliminate the annual/required quicken fee or please someone invent a better system.

• sideout
    sideout Member ✭✭

The download for Citi still does not work for me. I continue to get the error message as follows:

Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try again.
    Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error.
    Select Sign In to authenticate via your web browser

I have no options but to cancel out after that message.

• mkrause
    mkrause Member
    edited October 1

same! help!

• Joe Snodgrass
    Joe Snodgrass Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

I also get the same issue with the Costco Citi Card. Quicken says there is a new way to connect, I go through the Citi side of the verification successfully then Quicken blocks the completion from the Quicken side. Has been going on for 5 days now. And whatever got fixed today still did not fix this issue for me. It just failed again after Citi successfully approved it on their end (and sent me yet another email confirming their approval). I am using the Mac version in the latest Mac OS Sierra, but it is the identical problem to the one in this thread.

• fkamhi
    fkamhi Member ✭✭

It is ridiculous that this has now been going on for 4 days! Quicken, get your act together and get this fixed. I do not want to hear that it is a third party causing a problem!

Are you planning on refunding users for the days that this service is not working?

This must be affecting thousands of users. UNACCEPTABLE!

• rferland@
    rferland@ Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Still not working

• Wayne104
    Wayne104 Member ✭✭✭

Thank you for putting it out so plainly. The crucial trick was to remove the Financial Institution field and account #.

• rferland@
    edited October 1

Still not working. What is going on????????????????????????????????????????????

• Joe Snodgrass
    Joe Snodgrass Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

THIS WORKED. On the Mac version I had to set up the banking information again for the Costco Citicard and do a brute force search for Costco Citibank card (it was not in the suggested list, but was findable by searching for it "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi"). This solution still went to Citi online to verify my account there, but this time after Citi approved (for the 9th time…..) Quicken accepted it and fully updated on the Quicken for Mac side.

• rferland@

If it any broke don't fix it. But if it is broke fix it.

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭

Unfortunately, when I tried the information in the above email, I was returned to Quicken, which said the login failed.

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭

Nothing works as of 10:10 PM ET USA.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Update. I disabled all extensions and set Chrome to allow popups.

I got:

Your accounts have been authorized successfully!

Quicken then came back and got:

Sign into Citi Cards bank failed. Try again.

Sorry, the signin failed due to a connection or signin error.

Select signin to authenticate via your web browser

Suggestions?

• I have two Citibank Cards, Costco Anywhere card and Citi Double Cash card.  I chose to Activate downloads for the Citi Double Cash card.  Was prompted to sign in at Citibank Cards.  After I signed in, I selected both cards and selected the option to add future cards.  I received the messages in the attached pics.  

I use Quicken Classic Premier (R59.6 27.1.59.6)on Windows 10.

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" as the financial institution instead of Citibank or Citi Cards fixed the downloads for both my Costco Visa and my Citibank MasterCard.

As per the latest message from Quicken Kathryn, Citi Cards may work now too.

• redexces
    redexces Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Same problem!

• Kia
    Kia Member

still cannot connect to Citi

• Ron Varley
    Ron Varley Member ✭✭✭

Same exact problem just 5 minutes ago when this is supposedly fixed. If not fixed soon I am canx ALL CITI CARDS. This is unexceptable!

• DebiT
    DebiT Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

This seems to have worked for me. Not sure if I have all my Citi MasterCard transactions. Too tired tonight; will look tomorrow.

I went to Tools / Add Account / searched for Citi / selected Costco Card.

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

As of November 11, 2024 @11:27 PM:

The CITI Bank shows that Quicken is authorized to access the information. However, Quicken fails to acknowledge that CITI Bank has "Authorized Status" and fails to download any information. Wake up, Quicken Support people, and fix this issue!

Here is what I get after trying to re-connect my account:

• wcaritj
    wcaritj Member ✭✭

I have 2 citi accounts - I finally just went to my citi account in a browser and exported to quicken. That worked so at least I can get the transactions until quicken fixes this. This is not the first time quicken has had problems with a bank nor will it be the last. This one seems to be taking a lot longer than usual to fix. I've been using quicken for decades (3?). First on windows (ugh) now on a mac (yeah). Have patience folks.

• rakeshg
    rakeshg Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Hasn't worked for me for the past 3 days (multiple re-authorizations). I get an email from Citi confirming that Quicken has access to my accounts but it does not work in Quicken

UPDATE - POSSIBLE SOLUTION: I was able to reconnect all accounts (3 banking, 2 credit card) by changing the financial institution from "Citibank" to "Citibank Advantage MasterCard". Quicken thinks that you are adding new accounts, but you can link them to the existing accounts. No transactions were duplicated in the process (only new ones downloaded), but YMMV, so make a backup of your data before doing anything

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

I just went through this and got lucky I while trying to find the answer.

Wiped out the bank and acct number in edit account. Went to online services and setup. Typed in CITI. Citi Bank did not work. Citi Cards did not work. But scrolled down a good ways ands Citi Smart Mastercard did. I have no idea what a Citi Smart Mastercard is, mine is not. But it was the only choice with "Mastercard". It did connect, I linked to existing and all good.

• Bob.
    Bob. Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

I just went through this and got lucky I while trying to find the answer.

Wiped out the bank and acct number in edit account. Went to online services and setup. Typed in CITI. Citi Bank did not work. Citi Cards did not work. But scrolled down a good ways ands Citi Smart Mastercard did. I have no idea what a Citi Smart Mastercard is, mine is not. But it was the only choice with "Mastercard". It did connect, I linked to existing and all good.

This discussion has been closed.