Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• elisha@cox.net
    elisha@cox.net Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Same here. when re-activating account I receive a message:

Your accounts have been authorized successfully!

but when redirected to Quicken, in says authorization failed. Please hurry up and fix it!

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Still failed for me.

On web browser, it showed:

However, once it was returned to Quicken, Quicken still said failed login.

Question: which one should I pick, Citi Cards, or Citibank? I have tried both and both failed with the same error abov

• Michael Schilmoeller
    Michael Schilmoeller Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

I am seeing the same behavior

• Quicken evidently fixed the issue with Costco Citi credit cards but Citi issues many others like Citi Double Cash. Master Card, Windows 10 64 bit. When can we expect a fix for those?

i successfully reauthorized, even called to verify, but after coming back to Q the bank login fails. No error code. have tried multiple times and even tried creating a new file for just that CC. still failure. This outage has lasted more than what I consider a reasonable time period and what makes it even worse there's no estimate of when this might get fixed. I certainly know where not to obtain a mortgage.

• HLG
    HLG Member

Same issue here. Let's go Quicken… What's the story?

• ChipM
    ChipM Member
    edited October 1

I have the American Airlines CITI Mastercard. Used the same process as Bob in this thread and it worked.

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭✭

I keep seeing resolved? I need to reauthorize and cannot. As of yesterday, I could reauthorize and then the re-authorization would fail due to communication errors. Today The failure comes nefore I even get to the Citi site.

When will this be fixed?

• hroster
    hroster Quicken Mac Subscription Member
    edited October 1

One step update is not working for Costco, Double Cash, or Custom Cash. I intend to wait until it works with the reauthorization after One step update. If it is not fixed in a few days, I will try a different app.

• MikD
    MikD Member
    edited October 1

I have the same problem this morning 10/1/24 even though they said it was fixed.

• Since the last update, I've lost online access to my Citi Costco Visa. I tried reactivating the downloads. Takes me to the Citi sign in page, I select the proper card, and get a "success" message with email confirmation. However, in Quicken I get a time out error

• CaptainJJ
    CaptainJJ Member ✭✭

I keep seeing these messages saying the download problems with Citi Cards have been fixed but as of this morning the problem continues with both Citi Couble Cash and Costco Visa. When can we expect to see this fixed once and for all?????

• Brian McDonald
    Brian McDonald Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

I have two Citi accounts. The Costco Visa and an American Airlines Mastercard. I was hopeful this morning when I saw the Costco "fix". I only authorized Costco thinking that it would fix at least one account. If failed with the same timeout error and I did it in under 45 seconds. So, it is not fixed.

• jaws2
    jaws2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Same issue with Citi Costco card and Citi DoubleCash Card

QUicken Deluxe Windows R59.6

• jaws2
    jaws2 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Same for both type of cards

QWIN Deluxe R59.6

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Like others, I have two Citi credit cards. In my case, Costco and 2% cash back.

Like others, despite receiving the 9/30/24 5:02p (MST) notification that "downloading…has been re-enabled," I cannot reconnect to either of my Citi accounts, as of this morning, 10/1/2024

I have tried creating a new Quicken data file and connecting it to Citi, without success, proving this is not a corruption issue or other problem with my Quicken data file.

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Like others, despite receiving the 9/30/24 5:02p (MST) notification that "downloading…has been re-enabled," I cannot reconnect to either of my Citi accounts, as of this morning, 10/1/2024

I have tried creating a new Quicken data file and connecting it to Citi, without success, proving this is not a corruption issue or other problem with my Quicken data file.

• user17881
    user17881 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

• RKLEINE
    RKLEINE Member ✭✭

Still having this issue.

• Doty
    Doty Member

I finally got it to work using Costco Anywhere as bank.
    DB

• TheHar
    TheHar Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Citi cards all 3 of mine still fail 10/1 7am CST

• JOSEPH05_53
    JOSEPH05_53 Member
    edited October 1

Tried to reauthorize and active Citi Credit Cards have been receiving the following message

• Bill B
    Bill B Member ✭✭✭

I am still having problems signing on to update Costco Visa transactions. This problem has been going on way too long so lets get it fixed Quicken!!!!

• Still same problem.

• Bob Sarley
    Bob Sarley Member ✭✭✭

We need this fixed. I get messages saying it is fixed and it is not.

• tom-LelandNC
    tom-LelandNC Member ✭✭

Same issue this morning. Citi has always been the financial institution that Quickne seems to choke on.

• ARR
    ARR Member ✭✭

Tried the Costco citi visa and still authorized by citi but when it redirects me back to Quicken the message states it failed. Having difficulty understanding why this was working fine a few days ago and suddenly stopped and is an issue fixing. need a better explanation from Quicken.

• rakeshg
    rakeshg Member ✭✭

Possible solution: I was able to update my Citibank accounts (5 accounts, banking and credit cards) by selecting Citi Advantage MasteCard as the financial institution. After doing the authorization, Quicken showed a window that had "add as new account" as the default, but I was able to re-link all the existing accounts. Quicken gave a warning that the account was already linked to a different financial institution (Citibank) but it was able to download new transactions and it did not duplicate any existing data (but YMMV - I saved a backup before I took any of the steps outlined above).

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭

4. Go back to Quicken and follow eghanson's recommendation:

What page is eghanson's recommendation on ?

• Same problem with CitiBank. Could you please get a grip on this problem. Thank you.

• lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

@Quicken Kathryn On the other page you said it's working. It does not appear so, can you please update us? Thank you.
    Quicken's update page that does NOT allow comments:

This discussion has been closed.