Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• TheDead
    TheDead Quicken Windows Subscription Member

Thank you so much! Worked for me for 2 Citi credit cards & 1 Checking acct. Wow.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you try doing what I'd posted above (linked here)?:

Several people have posted that this worked with their Citi checking and savings accounts as well as for several different Citi credit cards.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• I'm getting exact same results.

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Member ✭✭

I got mine working today by first DISCONNECTING the existing link, then reconnecting to new entry "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as one user noted above. Do not try to simply reauthorize the existing connection. [Only use this connection route if this is the kind of credit card you have . . . obviously.]

• hvphx
    hvphx Member ✭✭

Thank you so much. This worked for me to reconnect my Costco Citi Visa.

• wslaura
    wslaura Member ✭✭

Thanks @Boatnmaniac worked for me. Choosing the Costco card option worked while using Citi Cards did not work when reactivating the accounts.

• Boatnmaniac

In a test file I had tried to authorize a Citi card via the normal financial institution in Add Account and it failed. Then I tried to set it up with the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi financial institution and it failed, too. What I found is that even though the authorization process using the normal financial institution had failed, the Online Services tab of Account Details showed that the "Deactivate" button was present. That was odd because if a setup fails it should show the "Set Up Now" button, not the "Deactivate" button.

I then clicked on "Deactivate" and then did Add Account for Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi and it then was successful.

If your Online Services tab of Account Details has the "Deactivate" button, maybe clicking on it and then trying to set up with Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi will work for you, too?

• michaellriley
    michaellriley Quicken Windows Subscription Member, Windows Beta Beta

This worked for me - thanks, All!

Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭

@Wil I do not have a Visa. It is Mastercard

• Boatnmaniac

FYI: The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi connection financial institution works with many different Citi cards, not just the Costco card. It also works for downloading Citi checking and savings accounts. Yes, it's not logical given the name of this financial institution, but if it works it works and that is the most important thing right now.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 1

That does not matter. The Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi connection financial institution is downloading both my Costco Visa and my Citi Rewards+ Mastercard. Others have posted that it works for downloading other Citi Mastercards, too.

And it works for downloading Citi checking and savings accounts, as well.

That all being said, there are some Citi cards (mostly co-branded retail cards) that will not work with this connection setup, just like previously some Citi cards would not download with the Citi Cards download setup.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bob. Thank you. Nice find. It worked for me.

• mike25
    mike25 Member ✭✭

Quicken is working on other VERY important program enhancements. Like the new online file backup add-on. Like I don't already do that… Starting to look for a replacement program. Any ideas appreciated.

• Duane C.
    Duane C. Member ✭✭

Same problem here - has been going on since last week. Cannot maintain my Costco Citi VISA account. Quicken called for re-authorization, but VISA says success, Quicken says connection failed. Have tried Firefox (Ad Blockers off) and Edge - no help) Windows 11, Quicken R 34.24.

• The quicken fix of sept. 29 did not work.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭

@Bob. Thanks. Nice find. Much appreciated.

• BillM0109
    BillM0109 Member ✭✭

The work-around was successful for me as well, but with a twist. I have the "Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard" - the version that includes AA lounge membership. That card type did not come up when I searched for Citi cards. One option that came up was Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard. Close, so I selected it and it worked. Linked, transactions downloaded, tried again with one-step, and worked again.

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

@Bob. Thank you Bob. It worked. Nice find.

BTW for others, if you are getting white screens, be sure to disable pop up blockers and extensions in Chrome and other browsers that may block ads.

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Member ✭✭

Be sure to DISCONNECT your existing connection then ask to connect to the Costco Citi Visa connection which is a new one.

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Member ✭✭

That does seem odd, but if it works, then it works!

• joneisenberg
    joneisenberg Member ✭✭

Disconnect your old connection then set up a new connection using the new Citi Visa Card connection and it should work.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod

Hello all,

We’ve updated the alerts, but just to clarify, we’re not blocking you from making any changes. This issue is actually on the side of the service provider (Intuit) and Citi, so we’re waiting on them to get it fixed.

Thanks for your patience!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• pauljasmine
    pauljasmine Member ✭✭

Quicken said here on 9/29 that they have fixed the download problem for Costco Citi cards, but it still gives me the same error as stated above, so it's not fixed as far as I'm concerned!

• Boatnmaniac
    edited October 1

You need to use the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi setup link in Add Account (it must be typed into the Search field since there is no button option for it). Using just about anything seems to fail, yet.

If you try doing this, make sure your Costco card(s) is deactivated, first. (Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate).

Let us know whether or not Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi has worked for you.

• Theodora S.
    Theodora S. Member ✭✭

Same issue, I'm afraid. I have used a Citi VISA card for several years and NOW cannot link the account to Quicken. I follow Quicken's prompts, sign into Citi Card, and then receive the same time out error message??? Like others, I've tried on multiple attempts with the same unfortunate result.

• I read one comment in another discussion that the problem has been resolved. The last transaction I was able to download was 9/18/2024. I use my citicard almost every day. I have tried almost daily to authorize my CitiCard.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956147/citibank-cards-authentication-problem-qwin

• Lyle_fr
    Lyle_fr Member
    edited October 1

The earliest transaction in in Quicken file is 10/1/1999. I am a long time user.

• fong424
    fong424 Member ✭✭

Ditto. Two cc's plus checking. It did not download a brokerage account that was linked via Citigold but I was able to set that up separately.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭

Still an issue. Sign-In Failed every time I try to set up online services.

• Rob
    Rob Member ✭✭

Connecting to the Costco anywhere Visa was the trick to finally get Quicken to accept the connection for both of our Citi AAdvantage Mastercards. Downloads are now working.

This discussion has been closed.