Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• Same problem here. Seems like it should be fixable.

• QkNoGood
    QkNoGood Member ✭✭

Same problem here. Citi says authorized, Quicken fails!!!!

• I have the same issues. When will this corrected ?

• Ted Hovick
    Ted Hovick Member ✭✭

Saw the post yesterday that the Citicard problems have been resolved. THEY HAVE NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't post that the problem is fixed when it isn't. The only way I can download transactions is to go to the Citi website directly and download to the program, which is slow and inefficient.

Don't post that the problem is fixed when you cannot respond to the Admin post. How is the community to provide feedback to a locked Admin post?

• Citi Costco still not downloading.

• Lloyd Stearns
    Lloyd Stearns Member ✭✭✭

Wow, my mail is full with all the 'me too' comments. Can we at least slow these down?

• JohnA
    JohnA Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

I concur, it is not fixed. I am using the Intuit connection that Quicken uses to the Citi Card. Maybe there is something not quite right there?

• sammin
    sammin Member ✭✭

Still not working! Come on Quicken!

• DKB2
    DKB2 Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

10/1/24, 08:35 CDT, issue still unresolved

• dduck
    dduck Member

Thank you, Bob! I did what you suggested and skipped Citi Cards, searched for all Citi and saw my Platinum Select Mastercard, selected that specific card and the rest of the process went flawlessly. I was able to link to my existing account and all my transactions for the last eight days downloaded.

• lsjrlsjr70
    lsjrlsjr70 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Linking to Citi Advantage Card, my specific card, resolved the issue for me. Thanks!

• tod_quick1
    tod_quick1 Member ✭✭

Worked for me after wasting way too much time trying to just add the online connection back through the normal pre-existing account dialog. Thanks!

• docfiddle52
    docfiddle52 Member ✭✭

@dlipetz Your solution worked for me. Just take the time to read the prompts so that you follow the steps carefully. You're basically adding a new account, but linking it to the existing Q one for the Costco card.

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

I just turned off notifications for this thread since 80% of the comments are "me too" or "why doesn't someone fix this" and people just coming to whine. The occasional useful comment is buried in all the chaff. So, no, the inane comments are not likely to slow down until this gets fixed. And there'll likely still be whining after that about how long it took :)

I just have a link to the main thread from Quicken admins where a fix (a real one and not the incorrectly-claimed fix from yesterday) will be announced.

Cheers.

• Your post says it is now resolved or soon to be resolved, but alas it still does not work, Citibank gives approval message in their UX, but it does not sync back to Quicken Classic.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

You might want to try doing what many (myself included) have posted over the last 3 days worked for them:

• Make sure your Citi accounts are deactivated (Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate).
    • Then go to Add Account but DO NOT select any of the Citi buttons.
    • Instead, in the Search field type in Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi and follow the prompts to complete the authorization process.

This setup has been successful in downloading most Citi cards, not just the Costco Visa Card, as well as Citi checking and savings accounts.

NOTE: I have been having some issues getting EWC+ download setups authorized for the last few months. It seems that some of my browser security settings are interfering with the authorization process. So, when it fails to authorize, I temporarily disable all of my browser extensions and then run the setup process, again. Then the authorization process almost always works. After the connection setup is completed, I enable all of those browser extensions, again.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• springro68
    springro68 Member ✭✭

As you can see, Citibank confirms the accounts have been authorized, then I am brought to the screen which states:

Very frustrating.

• Tom Guild
    Tom Guild Member ✭✭

Thanks for the workaround. Not exactly "fixed" by Quicken, but better than nothing.

• springro68
    springro68 Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Upon attempting to reset the connection for citibank.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1

You might want to try doing what many (myself included) have posted over the last 3 days worked for them:

• Make sure your Citi accounts are deactivated (Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate).
    • Then go to Add Account but DO NOT select any of the Citi buttons.
    • Instead, in the Search field type in Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi and follow the prompts to complete the authorization process.

This setup has been successful in downloading most Citi cards, not just the Costco Visa Card, as well as Citi checking and savings accounts.

NOTE: I have been having some issues getting EWC+ download setups authorized for the last few months. It seems that some of my browser security settings are interfering with authorization process. So, when it fails to authorize, I temporarily disable all of my browser extensions and then run the setup process, again. Then authorization process almost always works. After the connection setup is completed, I enable all of those browser extensions, again.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• SForsgren
    SForsgren Member ✭✭✭

That seems to have worked for me. Amazing. Does Quicken now reduce our subscription price since the smart folks here did their work? :) Excellent! Thank you!

• Judy
    Judy Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Boatnmaniac, Thanks! This fix worked for me.

• jermon
    jermon Member ✭✭

I just added my specific card through add accounts and it linked both that and my other citicard and so far is working. Prior to that, I was stick in the authorization failed loop.

• TSull8
    TSull8 Member ✭✭

I've been experiencing this, as well, and the normal reauthorization didn't work as many have described. I followed the advice in the tips above and accessed the authorization for Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citiand that worked for me too.

I had a very similar experience a few weeks ago with my Fidelity accounts where it would indicate success on the Fidelity side, but not the Quicken side. Apparently, it is very picky of which institutions you select.

They really should make sure they all work before they say they have fixed it!

Thanks for the tips - much appreciated.

• springro68
    springro68 Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

This worked! The trick was to hit the "back button" after receiving the time out connection error.

Repeat the login to CITI and voila - connected.

Quicken - get your act together. this should not this hard!

Unfortunately I have already tried that. I just switched browsers to get around the header/size issue, but even when I use MS EDGE, I make it to Citibank, select my accounts, and then I am confronted with this type of error.

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

So, I did this yesterday and it worked. Then, when the supposed fix was posted, I disconnected and tried the normal way. It failed. Then I went back to this and not Costco connection fails .

Guess I'll just have to wait until the real fix at this point. :)

Thanks again for your multiple suggestions that have worked for a bunch of people!

Cheers.

• JT@21
    JT@21 Member

What about One Step update for regular checking accounts?

Still not downloaded transactions.

• Thierry
    Thierry Member ✭✭

I have tried the work-around, but it does not seem to work for my Citi AA Advantage card. Whatever method I try, I get stuck in the sign-in/time-out loop.

This discussion has been closed.