Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

After removing the account information from the General tab of Account Details did you try to reauthorize with the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi financial institution? In Add Account do not click on any Citi button your see because at this time none of them consistently work or do not work at all. Instead, in the search field of Add Account type in Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi.

Most people are saying that one does work for reauthorizing Citi and for downloading most Citi-branded cards and some Citi co-branded cards…both Visa and Mastercard. Some have posted that it also works for downloading Citi checking and savings accounts.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

This information is for users who have a checking account with CITI Bank and are frustrated that Quicken is not updating their account information. Use the method described in this discussion with "Costco Anywhere Visa …."—just select your checking account when Quicken takes you to the CITI Bank site.

Catch: Quicken will show "Financial Institution" as "Costo Anywhere Visa Card by Citi," but it will download information from your checking account. The connection type will be "Express Web Connect+" - Go figure!

• Haapy
    Haapy Member ✭✭✭✭

One thing to watch out for, my beginning balance changed. I adjusted it to the correct amount subracting what i needed to get to today's balance. Everthing else was in place.

• Bill hancock
    Bill hancock Member ✭✭

When will the issue between Quicken and citi credit card be fixed.

ETA would be the least you coul do

• david.casper
    david.casper Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

[Removed - Rant/Off-Topic]

• dpaul
    dpaul Member

Same here after 40 tries. No access thru citibank or citicards. I get Verify as being ok.

• JT@21
    JT@21 Member

What about One Step Update for downloading transactions to a Citibank Checking account?

• arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭

Is there a workaround for the Citi Double Cash Card?

• Still having the same issue for FOUR credit cards from Citi that I HAVE to control everyday. Since September 23, 2024 without updates.
    Unacceptable !!!

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

Didn't work here, seems citi is firewalled, it's a shame for the people who depend on any downloaded transactions especially when it comes to turbotax

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Make a backup first.

What worked for me was to disconnect the Citi Double Cash Card from downloading. Then I went to Tools > Add Account and specified Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi as the Financial Institution. (Type in "Citi" in the search box and then scroll down through the list that comes up.) Went through the authorization process and signed into my Citi Double Cash Card and authorized that Account. Then when Quicken found the account at Citi I made sure to LINK that account to my Quicken Citi Double Cash Card Account.

• tpmedina
    tpmedina Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

[Removed - No Soliciting] Quicken has been great but I'm going on 4 days now without being able to sync up my checking and savings accounts. I monitor my finances daily as my checking account is quite active plus I monitor for unusual spending as I've been hacked sacral times over the years

• Still not working for me with my Costco VISA card. Still getting error for connecting account.

• Pat Sills
    Pat Sills Member ✭✭✭

The problem remains for me. My Citi userID and password are verified as correct as I can sign in to the Citi online website with no problem. I was optimistic and followed boatnmaniac's directions very carefully and multiple times, but with no joy. I successfully locate and select Costco Anywhere Visa Card with Citi. I get to the point where I am asked for my Citi Userid and Password. After entering these I get the message:

Your request has failed due to an internal error or an error with the server

• jmtt77
    jmtt77 Member

Still not fixed for me. The reauthorization appears to succeed on the (Costco) Citi side, but my Quicken Premier returns with the following error:

Sign in to Citibank failed. Try again.
    Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error.
    Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser.

• Chia2u2
    Chia2u2 Member
    edited October 1

work-around solution(s) work for some cards (Costco), but not others (Double Cash)…I have both, and while the costco workaround was spot-on, the several attempts which different versions of the same concept would not work….most likely because the Double Cash MC doesn't even come up as an option.

Time to get a real fix in place

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭

The "problem" somehow erased my connection. I cannot re-establish it. Citi says good, Q says try again.

• dlipetz; Your solution worked for me. I do have the Citi Costco card. Thanks.

• arlingpj
    arlingpj Member ✭✭

I followed the steps to connect my Citi Double Cash Card via the Costco route. It connected but the options to link to existing cards did not include the double cash card. ????

• No it hasn't. Trying several times when it first broke removed the connection so I needed to set it up again and trying today, October 1st, it is still not ever allowing the setup to proceed.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

So you are trying to set up downloads with the Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi and it is not working for you? Most posting in this lengthy thread are posting that is it working for them. And they are saying that most other Citi connection setups just do not work, yet.

One thing that has been reported as preventing this Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi from working is when their account in Quicken was not first deactivated before doing Add Account. Deactivating the account (on the Online Services tab of Account Details) resolves that issue.

This Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi has been reported by many (including myself) to allow for downloading from most Citi-branded cards and some Citi co-branded (retail) cards…both Visa and Mastercard…and for Citi checking and savings accounts. There are, however, some types of accounts (especially some co-branded retail cards) that this Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi connection does not support.

What type of account(s) are you trying to get set up for download? There may be some other working options that will work with your account(s).

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Okay, I got both of my Citi credit card acccounts to link properly.

1. Go into Edit Account for one of the accounts. Go to Online Services tab. Click "Set up now…"
    2. Continue with the "sign in" step. Log in to credit card account in the web browser. Citi web page says authorization successful. Quicken mini-window says authorization failed. Click back in the Quicken mini-window.
    3. Now the mini-window offers to let you pick an institution. Use the search bar to enter Costco. Pick the option that says "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi
    4. Continue with the "sign in" step. Log in to credit card account in the web browser. Citi web page says authorization successful. Quicken agrees!
    5. Make sure that all accounts say "link to existing account" and verify that they're being linked to the correct accounts!
    6. Profit?

NOTICE TO QUICKEN SUPPORT: When I linked the accounts using this method, Quicken changed the starting balance of one of the accounts. This is a bug. Please fix it.

• In addition to a Citi Costco card I have a Citi AAdvantage card. A customer support person walked me through the Citi Costco with I was able to reconnect. Through Add Account, do NOT select Citi Cards. The general selection does NOT work. Just as you have to type in Citi Costco in the search line, I had to type in Citi AAdvantage. Multiple cards came up and I selected my specific one. I went through the authorization and associated the found card with the existing account. I now have downloads of both cards. BUT, they had to be done separately through Add Account rather than editting the account or selecting the generalized Citi Cards. Hope this helps others.

• Allan3336
    Allan3336 Member ✭✭

This is NOT okay for a software company of your standing in the personal finance business. I've been using Quicken since 1995. What's the deal?

• Allan3336
    Allan3336 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

I was disconnected from Citi Cards downloads over the weekend, but have managed to get re-authorized. I can connect now with One Step Update and it results with 1 account updated, but 0 transactions.

• smolenr
    smolenr Member ✭✭

I still cannot download transactions with my Citibank Visa. I thought someone said it was working. Not for me.

• GFTnNC
    GFTnNC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

Same here. I can Direct Connect to Citi Cards but no transactions are downloading for Costco Visa and Aadvantage MasterCard.

This discussion has been closed.