Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• R_Newt59
    R_Newt59 Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

What are the workarounds for the Costco Citi Visa data download? I have not been able to download data or have a new authorization work for several days. This is very frustrating, and I too am a 35+ year user of Quicken.

• MrPike
    MrPike Member ✭✭

oh… what a disaster … and I thought all this subscription model was meant to improve things in terms of updates and maintenance …what a disaster…

• Bobbo
    Bobbo Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here. Cannot connect to Citi Mastercard. I am also a 35+ year user of Quicken.

• I am getting sick and tired of the fact that issue has not been resolved. I am getting ready to dump Quicken and use some other financial management tool since their I/T department is failing in a big way. Where is the CEO? has he made any calls to the CEO of Citibank?

• reauthorized Citi Double Cash Master card (actually done every day since issue arose) but when taken back to Quicken bank login fails with no error code. you would think that this wouldn't take over a week to resolve with no ETA. Quicken blames Cit but it is Quicken that is sending the login commands that the Citi's server rejects. So who is really at fault?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

You may follow this link to access an alert regarding issues with CitiBank. I suggest bookmarking the alert for all further updates. Also, to clarify the most recent update on the alert, this issue is still considered ongoing for Citi Cards and Citi Bank.

I apologize for the inconvenience!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• so nice of you to tell us about a problem we know exists but no ETA for a fix.

• brucewol
    brucewol Member ✭✭

i keep posting what has worked for me, totally unacceptable that quicken doesn't provide proper details for a workaround.

what i did was use tools/add account. didn't use setup online.

you must use the search field, do not use the icons under popular destinations

i entered costco, and then selected costco anywhere visa card by citi - i got the complete card name info from a quicken support online chat. seems that others are getting this process to work by using the search field, i don't understand exactly what they type in. what ever you type in needs to translate to a url that your browser will use to access your credit card web site. maybe you'll find this info written on your credit card. but you need to type in something that gets you to your credit card web site.

from there, when i returned to quicken, i had to link the account. at this point, it only downloaded new transactions, not the last 6 months ore so like prior links.

• R_Newt59
    R_Newt59 Member ✭✭

@brucewol Thank you SO MUCH! I followed your instructions and the QW system connected to my Costco Citi Visa account. It downloaded all recent transactions and I am back working finally!!!!

• Marc Auslander
    Marc Auslander Member ✭✭✭

It seems if you use a working portal you can get at all your cards.

I used Citi Smart Mastercard. Search that found it was citi m

• michaward
    michaward Member ✭✭

Still not working for my AA CITI Mastercard and CITI Visa. When authorized with bank, the screen says "Sorry the sign-in failed due to a connection error or timeout". Getting ready to dump this piece of it software.

• Thomas Wilson
    Thomas Wilson Member ✭✭✭
  • Crewdog68
    Crewdog68 Member ✭✭

Boatnmaniac Thank you for the help with Costco Citi Card. Worked a treat.

• Michael K
    Michael K Member ✭✭

Still not working. One step update is not responding and task manager shows Quicken as unresponsive. I'M SO TIRED OF ONGOING PROBLEMS!

• springro68
    springro68 Member ✭✭

VERY WELL SAID. This is an abomination. Quicken get your act together!

• mjonis
    mjonis Member ✭✭✭✭

I'd urge as many of you as possible to call Quicken tech support (you can't do this via Customer Service) and request a free month since the online feature which you have to pay for) isn't working properly. Be prepared to spend at least 30-60 minutes on the phone while tech support has you do all sorts of validating, logging out, logging in, etc. You can TRY to reference the alert, but it's hit or miss whether the tech will understand what you're saying, let alone bother to check.

• TDaleMagalia
    TDaleMagalia Member ✭✭

This worked but for those who may also have a Citi business account with Costco, (Or another branded business account evidently), do the search for Citi Business Cards and proceed from there with husslein's instructions. I have one business and one personal Citi card and had to use the separate search term for the business one to reauthorize.

• RobertPila
    RobertPila Member ✭✭

I used the "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" option and when I logged into Citi to authorize, I selected all my Citi cards (3 in total including Costco) plus future cards and all three successfully re-linked to the accounts in Quicken.

• Bulldog50
    Bulldog50 Member ✭✭

Same thing here. Why does this take weeks to fix?

• OTN
    OTN Member ✭✭

This issue has NOT been fixed as of Tue, 10/1/24, 10:53A - PST, Windows 10, Qkn v. 59.6.

In Quicken Citi account I attempt to reauth the account via Qkn link to Citi site. I click on Citi auth for current and future Qkn accts. I get the Qkn (redirect) message: "Your accounts have been authorized successfully.". Then the Qkn "Activate One Step Update" screen (grayed out) is displayed that says: "Sign in to Citibank bank failed. Try again.". Refers to "connection problem". There was/is NO connection problem.

I even tried creating a new/additional Citi credit card account, followed the same Qkn-directed process per above, with the same result. Downloading a file of txns from Citi manually is NOT an option since it will download a month's worth at a time where the user cannot date-select.

(It's not a browser issue. I changed default browsers and still have the same above issue.)

Please fix this issue. It has been going on way too long and the work-arounds are unacceptable. Thank you for your efforts. Since so many Quicken users are affected by this, please update the entire Quicken community with a box at Quicken Login. Not statusing us as to progress is not acceptable. Thank you.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

Same here even today. Manually updating is PITA

• Phil
    Phil Member ✭✭✭

The solution posted above using "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" worked. I downloaded all my transactions for my actual credit card. But the Financial Institution name in Edit Account is "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi", not my real card.

It seems to update OK, but I hope the incorrect name does not cause a future problem.

• mg231
    mg231 Member

Worked for me as well

• starunit
    starunit Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

Yes, this is expected behavior. Or, it's the behavior I've come to expect from Quicken. The connections to financial institutions start to fail and it takes weeks or months to sort out.
    I'm currently running both Quicken and another financial management software application, in tandem, to see which which I like better. I can't say what the other program is because the moderators here will censor the post [Removed - Speculation]. Each have pros and cons, but the connections on the other program are more stable.

• fannyc
    fannyc Member

Tengo el mismo problema, cual es la solución?

• OTN
    OTN Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

[Removed - Off Topic/Rant]

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓

Hello All,

We have received notice that the issues with Citi have been resolved. The Community Alert below has also been updated:

This thread is now closed, thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Thanks, this hack worked for me.

The maddening thing is the message that Quicken pops up about why authorization failed, something about timeout or communications error, it makes me think the message is a hold over from the times of dial up modems.

The second maddening thing is the difference in the names:

On Citi.com my account is listed as "Costco Anywhere Visa® Business Card by Citi - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

In Quicken I had to choose "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi"

I get that the names are similar but why is guess work needed?

"

This discussion has been closed.