Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• LtColDave
    LtColDave Member ✭✭

Exact same issue and exact same frustration.

• Same, even after 9/29 announcement that it was "fixed" for Costco cards.

• Lee B.
    Lee B. Member ✭✭

Success! Used the Costco card link described above, and it worked for my non-Costco account.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

DC with Citi Cards (for credit cards only) has worked great for me with no interruption to downloading throughout this whole ordeal. Those who have tried setting up DC with Citi Cards, have carefully followed the steps mentioned earlier in this thread for how to do that and were not successful in getting the DC connection set up should take a look at their Citi.com PW to see if it has any of the prohibited special characters in it. If it does, then change the PW to remove those prohibited special characters and try setting up DC, again. Here is a link to the Support Article regarding use of special characters in PWs: https://www.quicken.com/support/password-vault-your-bank-could-not-use-password-you-entered/. .

Regarding setting up an EWC+ connection with Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi:

• The FIDIR list file shows that this FI should set up a connection for both credit cards and bank (checking, savings) accounts. Others posting earlier have said that they did get checking/savings accounts as well as other Citi non-Costco credit cards downloaded.
    • I was able to get the EWC+ connection set up only after temporarily disabling all of my browser extensions (enable them again after completing the setup process). Then I was able to establish the EWC+ connection for both my Costco Visa card and one other Citi-branded credit card. So, anyone not having success setting up the EWC+ connection might want to try doing this, too.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• pt216
    pt216 Member ✭✭

we don't know the questions are they communicating with each other?

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭

FOR: Boatnmaniac Your suggestion worked, for connecting to to Citi, however it would not download transactions. "Krandry" works for me today, I downloaded a transaction from 3 days ago and the "online balance is back" THANKS TO BOTH OF YOU, QUICKEN SHOULD HIRE U GUYS TO FIX THEIR PROBLEMS!!

• eh765
    eh765 Member ✭✭

I have the same problem of Quicken showing that:

Your accounts have been authorized successfully!

But quicken on the "Activate One Step Update window says "Sign in to Citibank bank failed. Try again. The small text says: "Sorry, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Select Sign in to authenticate via your web browser." You can try as many times as you want, with or without a VPN, and get the same result. I do get the: "You've authorized Quicken to access your Citibank account information" email from Citibank, but Quicken still won't update any of my Citibank accounts. All other accounts are successful.

• josephcasey
    josephcasey Member ✭✭

I used the suggestion written by Krandy (add new account using Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi) and it worked for me, also. I don't have a Costco account but it worked for all my Citi accounts.

• paulb1234
    paulb1234 Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Tried to add a new account using "COSTCO anywhere visa". It did not work for me. I get a "bad request" error.

• jacksonhnoel
    jacksonhnoel Member ✭✭

After repeated attempts and being on hold for 30 minutes, I received the run around from a tech assistant in Guatamala who wanted me to sping my wheels adding my Citi MC for downloads. Finally, she admitted that there was a problem and there was no date certain for getting it corrected. I felt like Sisyphus throoughout this process and finally ended the conversation before the boulder crushed me.

• tom.strader
    tom.strader Member ✭✭

Same issue for several days now. With the annual price we pay I would expect tested software before they release!! Can we get an update from Quicken??????

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

I had to do a Quicken Validate after setting up Citi DC before it started working correctly.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• drweisinger
    drweisinger Member ✭✭

Same here. Frustrating

• tom.strader
    tom.strader Member ✭✭

Can someone from Quicken please comment on this issue

• Same issue today Sep 30 with Costco Citi Visa, after receiving email from Quicken that this issue had been resolved for Costco Citi cards.

• D Bush
    D Bush Member
    edited September 30

Quicken Kristina Moderator modSeptember 29

UPDATE 9/29/24

We have updated the Costco Citi Credit Card to allow for the download of transactions. This connection option should download transactions normally; all other CITI connection options will continue to receive an error FDP-390, CC-902, and reauthorization requests when attempting to update or add accounts.

Thank you for your patience.

I even hit reset, Quicken went through the login successfully through the browser, only to return to Quicken Classic where it said it failed, 4 times at least.

• Ditto. Having the same problem.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Being able to set up the DC connection only after doing V&R indicates that there was something in your data file (or installed software) that needed to be fixed. I've never had to do V&R (that I can recall) to get the Citi Cards DC connection set up. I'm glad to hear that it fixed the DC connection issue for you.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Hogan1953
    Hogan1953 Member ✭✭

When will this be solved??

• Txpete
    Txpete Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

I tried again today after receiving the notice that the issue with downloading incorrect transactions for Citi Costco cards was resolved yesterday, but still got the same authorization failed error. So then tried the suggestion to use the option to add a new account using the financial institution 'Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi' and this worked. Was then able to link to my existing credit card account in Quicken and new transactions were downloaded. So annoying that we keep having to use these workarounds every time there's an issue with Quicken, but glad I was able to get past that error finally.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭

After the "fix" I still get this.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 30

Hello @D Bush,

If you are connecting using the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi connection option, and it's still not working, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

If you are using any other connection option with Citi, downloads have not been turned back on and the error you're seeing is expected.

To check which connection option your account(s) is connected to, go to Tools>Account List. Click the Edit button next to the account name. On the General tab, look where it says Financial Institution. That will show you the connection option your account is connected to.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• NJR
    NJR Member ✭✭

I have been having same issue for some time now. Info has been deleted from vault also.

• GWIII
    GWIII Member ✭✭

direct connect was not one of the options

• James Thomas
    James Thomas Member ✭✭

Same problem with me. Been trying to update forseceral days.

• I still can't download my Citi transactions into Quicken. IT'S BEEN A WEEK!

• Krandy has the solution. For whatever bizarre reason, you have to add Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi. I do not have a costco card or a visa with them. It worked for my MasterCard.

• I have the same problem

• After receiving a message that Quicken had fixed this on 9/30/24, it is still not working. First, Quicken tells me to reauthorize the account. Everything goes smoothly and I get this message:

Then I get a message that the window will return to Quicken. When it does, then I have to start the authorization process all over again. After logging into Citi, I get this message.

From here it is just a a circle.

I am still unable to have Quicken download transactions from my Citi credit card.

• Had same problem with all my Citi cards, but fixed for ALL Citi cards by selecting "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" from the bank dropdown list.

This discussion has been closed.