Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

Is there an alternative "fix"

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

Why would they? it is not a fix to the general problem. It is a workaround. And the fix for Costco cards has been posted on the Quicken info thread linked above.

Cheers.

• Anita Yeager
    Anita Yeager Member ✭✭

I am told by Quicken that they are still working to resolve the issue of CITI Bank card download; unfortunately, I use this card for gasoline, etc. what now??

I'm new to this Community and do appreciate the feedback. BTW who or what is @Quicken Kristina ? ( Ticket #111-75759)

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Quicken Kristina is a Quicken employee giving updates on this issue in the thread linked above.

As to "what now," you can certainly download manually from Citi in QFX format and import until this is fixed. The use of the card, of course, is not impacted.

Cheers.

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

This was on the above link

The issue is still unresolved in spite of what is shown above

Any way to comment to the moderator's post?

• Same issue… even though I saw the issue was fixed for COSTCO…

I've tried reauthorizing several times without success, even though I'm receiving emails from Citi telling me "You've authorized Quicken to access your Citi® account information" I get the Quicken: "Sign In to Citibank Failed. Try Again."

• trussellaw47
    trussellaw47 Member ✭✭

I found this fix that works.

Go to Add Account in Quicken. Enter Citi Card in the blank request field and select the Advanced Options link below the Citi Logo. Select Continue and then select Direct Connect for the connection and enter your Citi Login info. I was then Linked to my Quicken Account, and updates now work fine.

• aurocapilla
    aurocapilla Member ✭✭

After several frustrating days, the Costco option worked for me even though I don't have a Costco card. Thanks to the poster who found this fix!

• Same problem here with Citi Card (and PayPal Card, Discover Card, Discover Bank), and they all get followed up with "There is no current ETA", which in my opinion and experience means it's not going to get fixed. @FredArther stating to "just chill out" is ridiculous! I don't know about him, but I pay an annual subscription and EXPECT to get what I paid for. Get your act together Quicken and resolve these issues already!!

• Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭

It still is not working for me…

• Not applying a "Costco" workaround; will manually download from my account and import until resolved. I am not going to suffer over it while Quicken sorts it out. Here to subscribe to be notified when it's fixed though!

• Same issue with my Citibank card. Try to reauthorize and it processes but then will not connect. This has been going on since Sept 24th and still can not get connection reestablished. Not a huge issue as I added transaction manually but we pay for this service and it should be fixed promptly.

• Corsair23
    Corsair23 Member ✭✭✭

Related issue, I am trying to set up a new CITI credit card account in Quicken (no other Citi accounts currently set up). Asks me to go through Citi browser authentication, which works successfully but when redirected back to Quicken, Quicken has the "Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try Again." error message.

Happening since last Thursday, which was my first attempt.

• jswafa
    jswafa Member ✭✭✭

I just don't see why Quicken can't PROACTIVELY contact ALL USERS through the app when issues like this crop up, to save all the time wasted when people try to troubleshoot issues that are beyond their control.

• KSherrill
    KSherrill Member ✭✭

I followed Quicken Kristina's advice and just put "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" for financial institution even though it was a Mastercard (no dropdown option). It worked!

• whh2063
    whh2063 Member ✭✭

Just started having problems with the Citi bank cards last week.

After a quicken update last week I did the one-step and citi bank card failed. It also removed the update the transactions from the drop down list.

I did the set up online, signed in to citibank, selected the card account and clicked authorize. Authorization between citi and quicken was Successful! When the window closed the quicken window says "sign-in to citicards band failed. - try again. hasn't worked since last week.

• dabake
    dabake Member ✭✭

same here; very unhappy that Quicken is not communicating better…

• watsongal
    watsongal Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

This did not workmfor me.

• same problem here. Quicken posted they fixed the Citi Costco card download problem, except same thing happened when I went thru the reauthorize procedure

• anybody know what quicken Kristina is talking about problem fixed for Citi Costco card?

• ronaldet
    ronaldet Member ✭✭

I tried restoring both my Citi Mastercard and my Citi Costco connections. With both, Citi says I was successful, but Quicken doesn't acknowledge that the connection was made. This has been an issue for about a week so far. Will there be a resolution anytime in the near future??

• This is fairly pathetic comm from Quicken on this issue. The amount of customer time wasted on this must be huge. I'm having to hunt this information down instead of Quicken simply notifying all of us via some other method than a user group, that "HEY EVERYONE, WE HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM, WE KNOW IT, WE'RE WORKING ON IT, & WE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE FIX IT." Thankfully, I only use my AA branded Citi card for travel, but this is pretty frustrating. I've been down the road of downloading an account and getting a years worth of duplicate entries & I don't want to waste more time fixing that after trying a work around. Where is the CEO of Quicken or some other higher level technology rep who can actually intervene, explain and predict the solution without having to chase this down? Can't they push a message via the app or Quicken program addressing this? I'm not a blamer, people err, but if you communicate well people can be pretty understanding.

• Jack Trifiro
    Jack Trifiro Member ✭✭

Come on Quicken- this has been going on for me for 1 week now. Where's the fix?!?

• I am still getting the same problem when I try to authorize downloads. Is there another work around for this problem that I'm missing?

The posted Alert has just been updated and it says that that we should be able to download using the Costco Citi Credit Card connection set up now.

• sgeiser1
    sgeiser1 Member ✭✭

This is embarrassing for Quicken. This issues effects many thousands of Quicken users and has been left unresolved for days. Get it together, Quicken!

• TRex Dawson
    TRex Dawson Member ✭✭

I have the same error issue after choosing the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi (see above). Can a moderator please respond as to whether a fix is being worked on? Now a week without access.

• Finally got it to work. Not sure how I did it. Tried all the above suggestions, except changing my password, finally success.

• TRex Dawson
    TRex Dawson Member ✭✭

Error message:

400 Bad Request

Request Header Or Cookie Too Large

nginx

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 30

Hello @TRex Dawson, @John ZZZ, & @S Nuttall,

If you are connecting a Costco Citi credit card using the Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi connection option, and you're still seeing the error, then please contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

To check which connection option you are using, you can go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, and on the General tab, check to see what it shows for the Financial Institution.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.