Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• shtevie
    shtevie Member ✭✭

I use the Costco Citi Visa card and now I am able to connect via One Step Update, but my recent transactions are not appearing. Not happy. :-(

• ColoradoFlyer
    ColoradoFlyer Member ✭✭

You know, I'm really getting tired of having to re-do this every year or so. Since Quicken has moved to a perpetual "Pay us AGAIN" model, you would think this would be resolved once and for all, but this has happened multiple times.

It's not just this — automatic reconcile breaks often, entries are accepted and then re-appear as duplicate entries, and every so often Quicken "forgets" some online credentials.

Quicken is fast losing its value for me.

• Wendy
    Wendy Member ✭✭✭

I was able to fix all of my Citi accounts, both Mastercard and Visa, using the Costco Anywhere Visa Citi Card option as I added accounts and then chose to link to existing accounts. It appears that they are updating now. I had been entering all transactions into Quicken for the last week manually, so there wasn't anything new for me to download yet, so I will post another update if transactions aren't actually coming through in the next few days. Seems like a good workaround, though. Just use your login credentials for the account you want to update and it will link properly.

• tcschung
    tcschung Member ✭✭

The "Costco Anywhere Visa Citi Card" workaround also works for me so far. Just wondered when Quicken finally come up with a solution if I need to undo the temporary workaround and revert to the original path.

• AnneK48
    AnneK48 Member ✭✭✭

I have a Costco account and am getting the 390 error.

• John ZZZ
    John ZZZ Member
    edited September 30

on 9/30 I tried to update transactions from my Costco Citicard - I did not work, got the same error messages, so whoever posted that the problem is fixed is incorrect. Problem still is there for me

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

What happened to my posts? On hold with Quicken support

• Hello @BTyng,

Since the issue you mentioned is different from the issue discussed in this thread, your posts were moved to their own thread:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• kubba6
    kubba6 Member
    edited September 30

Did not work.

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina

Thanks for the response. I believe this is all related to the Costco Anywhere problem, but understand the switch. I am still having a connection problem for my Costco card.

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

Just finished up call with Quicken Support. The connection problem with Citi is still not fixed. Some users have had success with "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as their FI but tech support said it will not work for everyone and it is only a temporary workaround. They do not know why it works for some and not for others. They are still working the problem. Their advise was to wait on a true fix.

• I was able to reconnect my accounts by disconnecting them. I then used the Costco anytime visa connection. I was able to authorize all three accounts even though only one was a Costco visa. This appears to be working for a lot of people.

• BTyng
    BTyng Member ✭✭

FWIW, I restarted my PC just to see if it changed anything. Opened Quicken and was able to make the connection to Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi. Maybe a restart could help. I don't know if its coincidence and the issue was fixed or not.

• UTMike
    UTMike Member ✭✭

Props to eghanson….that fix worked for me, but in my case, it required a couple of extra steps. Hope this helps.

1. Deactivate your web services for your Citi Card.
    2. Using a browser, go to Citi's website (https://citi.com/datamanagement) and login to ALLOW Quicken to connect to your account

*** Don't just click sign-in on the Quicken box when you're setting up services, don't even set up services yet…open a browser to do this.***

3. Once you've done this, the page should give you 10 minutes to set up Quicken - they'll display a timer.

4. Go back to Quicken and follow eghanson's recommendation:

a. Set up your account Quicken (activate service).

b. Enter Citi Card in the blank request field and select the Advanced Options link below the Citi Logo.

c. Select Continue and then select Direct Connect for the connection and enter your Citi Login info.

This finally downloaded everything and even worked later when I forced an update to run.

• JT@21
    JT@21 Member
    edited September 30

Download is still not working.

• mail4dcm
    mail4dcm Member ✭✭✭

Curious if there will be any refund or reduction in price since this has gone on far too long and for the money we pay there are other alternatives. A problem this old seems to indicate a lack of talent.

• bjf123
    bjf123 Member
    edited September 30

Tried that, but it still won't connect for me.

• edoyle16407
    edoyle16407 Member ✭✭

I've attempted multiple time to reconnect my Citi credit card to my Quicken Classic Premier with no success. When will it work again?

• jamman840
    jamman840 Member ✭✭

I was asked to reauthorize my Citi account and I get all the way to the end but I am unable to finish authorizing my account at citi. Any suggestions to solve the issue. Thanks JAM

• Same issue here.

• chuckndove
    chuckndove Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Still not working [Removed - Language]

• COLJC
    COLJC Member ✭✭

Same problem.

• Skyking86
    Skyking86 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Once again, Quicken announces a fix and it doesn't even move the needle. Monday 5:12 pm PDT.

"Downloading Citicard transactions has been re-enabled by our service provider for most Citicard financial institutions. Customers trying to connect to these two specific financial institutions may continue to experience errors, although we believe that they will be resolved quickly:

• Citibank Banking
    • Citibank Credit Card

Thank you for your patience while our service provider works to completely resolve these issues—

Quicken Kathryn
    Community Administrator"

The Costco CitiCard Visa is in the same loop of being authorized by CITI and Quicken ignoring that and wanting me to endlessly reauthorize it only to have it fail.

Don't announce a fix when there is no fix folks. It's as simple as that. It's not the vendor. It's you. The interface with Quicken. Unless Quicken isn't in control of that, in which case, my confidence in the security of the system has dropped a few notches. If we are sending things through a third party, you can ignore that page that speaks of the security of Quicken's access to your banking.

• kathy234311
    kathy234311 Member ✭✭✭

This is still not working. I have a Costco Citibank card, which was supposedly the first card solved (over this past weekend). I just downloaded—twice, and got two transactions when there are more than 60 from the past three weeks that should have been downloaded. Plus, though two show as having downloaded, the download count says 0, and there's no accept button for either of them.

This is BROKEN. And I really hope it's fixed soon, as I don't want to have to manually enter >60 transactions.

• kathy234311
    kathy234311 Member ✭✭✭

They have been posting updates about this known issue. Supposedly Costco Citibank cards were able to download over the weekend, and all other Citi cards today. But it's not accurate—I still can't download for my Costco Citi card as of today, 9/30/24. Download runs, but it brought in only two out of more than sixty transactions. And even those two don't work—the download count says 0 (even though two are in the download window), and there is no "accept" button for either of them.

I really hope they fix this soon—I do not want to manually enter more than sixty transactions, and not having Quicken up to date is holding up a significant financial transaction I need to make.

• ARR
    ARR Member ✭✭

obviously issue is not fixed

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

I guess I don't understand the claimed fix. If it doesn't work for Citibank Credit Card, what does it work for? Isn't the bulk of this issue concerned with Citibank Credit Cards?

Cheers.

• TahoeChuck
    TahoeChuck Member ✭✭

Same issue. Even after the posted "fix" on 9/30.

• lladna
    lladna Member ✭✭✭

Still doesn't work despite announcement at 8p (EST). Although this disclaimer they put basically says…it's fixed…maybe, or maybe not:
    "Customers trying to connect to these two specific financial institutions may continue to experience errors, although we believe that they will be resolved quickly."

Good luck all.

• Dhinla
    Dhinla Member ✭✭

Still not working for me either - have two Citi Credit Card accounts. Connection just failed again - 9/30/24 @ 5:45p Pacific.

This discussion has been closed.