Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• PrescottDuner
    PrescottDuner Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Now it's "400 Bad Request" when I try to log into Citi.

• rgornitsky
    rgornitsky Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Quicken just did an up[date that Ticket #11296799 was resolved and they have unblocked Citi Downloads. That is incorrect. Still getting the same errors. Download not working.

• The Reveler
    The Reveler Member
    edited September 29

Hello,

I’m affected by the Citi card issue. Just received a notification that the problem is resolved. I am still not able to download transactions. Numerous time I’ve made the authorization request within the online services tab (because Citi is no longer in the account auto update list). I log I and authorize, it immediately receive this failed screen. Please advise.

• rnbauer2000
    rnbauer2000 Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Me too. Not fixed or the fix is very subtle and I can't see it.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited September 30

Hello @The Reveler and @rnbauer2000,

The issue is not resolved. One specific connection option has been unblocked; the other connection options are still blocked.

Which connection option are you currently using? To see this, go to Tools>Account List, click the Edit button next to the account, and look at what it shows for Financial Institution on the General tab.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• josborne3
    josborne3 Member ✭✭

Krandry,

Thanks for the advice and instructions; they worked. The download automatically linked to existing account, so there were no duplicates.

• Yosemite Sam
    Yosemite Sam Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

I tried the workaround posted by krandy above and it worked for me. The key is to add a new account and enter "Citi Anywhere Visa by Citi" in the search field. The rest of the process is the same, except that when you are returned to Quicken, you have the familiar Quicken window where you Link each Citi account to an account in Quicken. You wind up being configured for Express Web Connect Plus (EWC+). For me, it downloaded 1 new transaction and did NOT duplicate any existing transactions. I wish Quicken management would have the Quicken developers stop adding minimally useful "improvements" and instead spend their time on refactoring and hardening the code so that downloads always work.

CORRECTION: The new Quicken account should be named "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" and not "Citi Anywhere Visa by Citi" as stated in my original post. If you read posts dated 9/29/2024 or later, you'll see that Quicken created a new Financial Institution named "Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi" as a workaround. Previously, you had to select either Citi Cards or Citibank. Citi Cards and Citibank still do not work.

• Mike530
    Mike530 Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" worked for me. Thanks Zeker

• The Reveler
    The Reveler Member
    edited September 30

Hi…Financial Institution is Citi Cards

• The Reveler
    The Reveler Member
    edited September 30

The suggestion to start a new account with Costco Anywhere VISA then link the account to the existing account actually worked. Thanks!

• donnieboy
    donnieboy Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" worked for me, too

• jc828
    jc828 Member ✭✭

@krandry is a freaking GENIUS! Worked like a charm, after so much frustration the last several days. Thank you!!!

• rgornitsky
    rgornitsky Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" worked for me, too. It even linked my other Citi cards.

• GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭

Well, Quicken has announced that they have "updated the Costco Citi Credit Card to allow for the download of transactions." Great, except that the problem wiped out everyone's on-line credentials with Citi. And as the announcement points out, "reauthorization (sp) requests when attempting to update or add accounts…will continue to receive an error FDP-390, CC-902".

So maybe if you haven't tried to update your account in the last fours days, you can now download transactions. For the rest of us, the fact that Quicken has stopped "blocking all Citi financial insitution (sp) connections", is of no value at all.

Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • Bruce763
    Bruce763 Member ✭✭✭

BE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM WITH THE "CITI ANYWHERE VISA BY CITI" WORKAROUND!

Hi. Please forgive the all caps, but I wanted to make sure this gets read. So I'm sorry. But I really appreciate everyone signing in here and trying to fix this.

So here's the problem: I followed the add new account fix, (Citi cards) and added my Costco Visa, along with checking, a CD, and a Citi AAdvantage mastercard.

It seemed to work. When I got bounced back to Quicken, it asked what accounts needed to connected to the accounts in the register, and then I got a message that it was downloading various transactions — 475 days back with the master card, 187 with the costco.

Grimacing, (I did not want to start deleting hundreds of duplicate transactions), Quicken signed off, and there were NO NEW TRANSACTIONS in the register in any of the accounts. This didn't make sense, as a dialogue had said hundreds of transactions were downloaded.

Not knowing what the ***** to do, (and really annoyed, especially since on Friday, a Quicken person told me they'd fix this next week, as "we don't work on the weekends",) I looked on the account details / online services page and discovered:

The workaround CHANGED THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTION ON ALL THE ACCOUNTS from CITIBANK to "Costco Anywhere Visa Card By Citi"

In other words, it thinks Costco Visa is your bank, not Citibank. Because the next time I went on the correct /edit this, it said "Connecting to Costco Visa" rather than "Connecting to Citibank." It will download the costco visa card, but nothing else.

Maybe it's just me, and I hope you made it work. But I've now de-authorized all the other accounts (Checking, savings, mastercard, etc), until I can get a real fix. (And yes, the costco card still works.)

I hope I've saved somebody some time. This took too long for me to try to sort out, with no solution.

• danisra
    danisra Quicken Mac Subscription Member

I have had the CITI issue foir 2 weeks already…

Today some of the other accounts stop working as well… AMEX is giving me many issues…

What has happened to Quicken…

• mpbundy
    mpbundy Member ✭✭✭

Same issue here. Rather annoying since this and one other account is where almost all of my transactions occur. Also annoying that Quicken cannot provide an estimated fix date. Seems like the quicken subscription costs keep going up while customer experience keeps going down.

• kitsap
    kitsap Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Using Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi worked for me. Miserably poor instructions in the "Its Fixed" alert.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭

I had to do a datafile validate in order for DC to work. Just a a suggestion.

Deluxe R58.9, Windows 11 Pro

• johnwkeay
    johnwkeay Member ✭✭

tried again, still does not work for me!

• tpmedina
    tpmedina Member ✭✭

Ya I di same, used backups etc, still not working. I do get msgs from Citibank my accounts are now accessible to Quicken but same timeout or connection error when returned to Quicken

• fkamhi
    fkamhi Member ✭✭

Me too. Apologies are wonderful, but not really helpful. Quicken needs to get this resolved quickly and also provide an ETA. NO ACCEPTABLE!

• Theresa R
    Theresa R Member ✭✭

I tried to

• Ducati
    Ducati Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

You need to add the Costco Citi Visa as a new account. Then link it to your previous Costco account. That worked for me.

• WBajwa
    WBajwa Member ✭✭

I did a data file validation but still haven't been able to connect to CITI Bank. However, I can download transactions from the CITI Bank Account into Quicken using the ".qfx" file. I am dealing with a CITI Bank Checking account, not a credit card.

• Theresa R
    Theresa R Member ✭✭

Tried to set up automatic download via Direct Connect as a previous member of this group suggested. Now I’m getting the Quicken message : “Sorry. We encountered an error. (It’s not your fault.)”

We’ve just got to be patient until Quicken solves this. I had the same problem last week with Quicken and Amex. But it didn’t take as long for Quicken to solve.

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" as the financial institution instead of Citibank or Citi Cards fixed the downloads for both my Costco Visa and my Citibank MasterCard.

• nerdindenial
    nerdindenial Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 30

Using "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi" as the financial institution, adding a new account, and then linking the new account to the existing one fixed both my Costco Visa and Citibank Mastercard in the same operation.

• Same problem with me, but this link explains the problem. Quicken is intentionally BLOCKING connections to Citibank until they can fix a major bug. See this link for details.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956141/updated-9-26-24-citi-card-citi-bank-all-associated-citi-fis-downloading-incorrect-transactions#latest

This discussion has been closed.