Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• krmartin
    krmartin Member ✭✭✭

Because it happened after a Quicken software update.

• QuickBobMac
    QuickBobMac Member ✭✭

Using a Mac with Quicken Version 7.9.1 (Build 709.54540.100). Past connection issues within Quicken are usually resolved within a day or 2. My only account with Citi Cards is a Costco Visa, which is less critical for downloading transactions compared to people with numerous Citi accounts. I receive an email each time I “Reauthorize”. I’m done trying that for now and will just wait until the Quicken Community blog says this issue has been fixed. I attached an email from September 26th.

• When will quicken have the citi downloads fixed and reactivated

• Dave Swan
    Dave Swan Member ✭✭✭

I am having the exact same issue.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the popup I got when opening Quicken, yesterday.

If you have not seen that, try shutting down Quicken and then reopen it.

Also, note that the service provider (Intuit, their aggregator) is working on fixing the issue. This likely means it is an Intuit issue and Quicken is in a holding pattern like we are.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R58.9 on Windows 11

• Heisenberg_
    Heisenberg_ Member ✭✭

Same Issue. For the FORCED maintenance price we are now required to pay each you, you would think the engineers in India would stop screwing up the code. FFS Quicken Engineering, stop breaking the code.!

• Boatnmaniac

Hmmmm…..I haven't updated my software and I'm getting the same issue.

Also, per Quicken's messaging (a popup I got when opening Quicken yesterday), this issue is caused by their "service provider" (i.e., Intuit, their aggregator) and that Intuit is working to fix it. This being the case it likely means that Quicken is in a similar holding pattern to the one we users are in.

• I have the exact same issue. Quicken doesn't see that Citi has authorized a connection. Online setup was lost and cannot now be restored.

• TheHar
    TheHar Member ✭✭

So after the problem is resolved we will have to re-setup any already in Quicken CITI download account. Hope it doesn't download the past years worth of transaction which all be duplicates.

• TheHar
    TheHar Member ✭✭

I wonder what is meant by "Our Service Provider".. rather a vague statement.

• Boatnmaniac

The only service provider Quicken has that is central to downloading transactions from financial institutions (FIs) is Intuit (the aggregator). There are other service providers for different kinds of online services, such as Zillow, securities pricea downloads, Check Pay, Quick Pay, credit scores, etc., but none of these has anything to do with transactions downloads.

There are only 3 companies involved with downloading transactions from FIs: The FI, Quicken and the aggregator. For EWC and EWC+ connections, the aggregator is smack dab in the middle of that process. Quicken owns the software. Most everything else is owned by Intuit and the FIs. There is nothing Quicken can do to fix a FI or Intuit issue. Given that the current issue affects only Citi EWC+ downloading it seems very likely that there is something broken between Citi's data transference to Intuit and that is what Intuit is working on (almost certainly with Citi) to get resolved.

Also downloading via DC and WC do not appear to be affected because these connection methods bypass the aggregation process. Also, it appears that EWC downloads are not affected (yes, there still are some Citi accounts that still use EWC and have not yet converted to EWC+)….I have 2 of them and they are downloading well.

Is this current issue a Quicken software issue? IMHO, that is highly unlikely since this issue is affecting QWin users and QMac users (different softwares) regardless of the software versions they have installed….and since it does not appear any other financial institution. If this were a software issue it would follow that this Citi issue would be pretty universal for all EWC+ connected FIs and that most certainly is not the case.

• CJ1215
    CJ1215 Member
    edited September 30

I tried restoring both my Citi Mastercard and my Citi Costco connections. With both, Citi says I was successful, but Quicken doesn't acknowledge that the connection was made. This has been an issue for about a week so far. Will there be a resolution anytime in the near future??

• I am using DC on a windows computer running windows 11 and mine is affected just like all the others.

• Boatnmaniac

I know it's been posted several times earlier in this thread, but for the benefit of others who have not seen it before, click on the following link to read up on alternative methods that can be used to download Citi credit card, checking and savings accounts transactions. (To read the entire post and see the posted pictures, click on the date to the right of "Boatnmaniac".):

• I know how to set up DC and it still doesn’t work. And this is with a Citi branded card.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 30

If you are able to download your Citi Costco transactions, then I'm guessing your account is set up with Direct Connect (DC). DC is not affected by this issue. The Express Web Connect+ (EWC+) connection method is the one that is having problems. So far I have not heard of anyone being able to restore their EWC+ connections nor have I been able to restore mine. But the DC connection for Citi Cards has been working well.

Your Discover Card issue is something different. Did you recently set up the download connection or reset it? If so, sometimes this will cause the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount to change. You could restore an old backup file (one from before this issue showed up) to see what it shows the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount is. Then open your main data file and if what the Opening Balance dollar amount is here is different from that restored backup file, change the dollar amount to match what was in that restored backup file. (I would also recommend that you enter/save that correct dollar amount into the Memo field of that Opening Balance transaction. Doing this can help to easily know if the dollar amount changes in the future and how to correct it without needing to restore another backup file.)

If there is still a discrepancy, scroll backward through the account register looking for duplicate transactions. If you find any, delete one while retaining the other. Generally, if duplicate transactions exist they will occur within the last 90 days or so.

• bLouChip
    bLouChip Member ✭✭✭

I followed @Boatnmaniac advice 2 posts prior and it worked. After searching for 'citi', I selected 'Costco citi card…', same process to autenticate with the website, and upon return it worked back in quicken. What a challenge, glad it's over.

• Boatnmaniac
    edited September 30 Answer ✓

The posted Alert has just been updated and it says that that we should be able to download using the Costco Citi Credit Card connection set up now.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭
    edited September 29

Duplicate problem. Noticed no updates in several days. Seems to have more problems with Citi/Quicken just downloading update's. When the corrections happens?? and subsequent downloads just screws up the whole register mostly with double entries etc. Spend hours with downloading statements and correcting the mess. My on line setup is blank.

• Pat Sills
    Pat Sills Member ✭✭✭

exact same issue. Last month it was a problem with TD Bank that lasted a week, and now this. Can't take much more of this.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

I just tried to set up the connection for my Costco Citi credit card and it still fails.

• cyberphile
    cyberphile Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 30

On a lark, I tried clearing

Then I was able to set up the connection. FYI.

• Meebers
    Meebers Member ✭✭

Same for me. Noticed no updates for several days. Tired of using statements to update my register.

• CaptainJJ
    CaptainJJ Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Costco Citi Card connection still fails. Just tried it

James

• PrescottDuner
    PrescottDuner Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Just tried again after notification that the issue was resolved. Not resolved!

UPDATE 9/29/24 We have updated the Costco Citi Credit Card to allow for the download of transactions. This connection option should download transactions norma…

• Just tried setting up direct connect again, going step-by-step of Boatnmaniac instructions. Still doesn't work.

• Zeker
    Zeker Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Worked for me if I changed the institution to "Costco Anywhere VISA Card by Citi"

• Mike530
    Mike530 Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Connection still fails after authorizing with Citi. No error message numbers, just can't connect when trying to download.

• PrescottDuner
    PrescottDuner Member ✭✭
    edited September 30

Still not downloading, error 402

This discussion has been closed.