Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• markus1957
    markus1957 SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta

Just set up my Citi Rewards Mastercard using the Costco Anywhere Visa FI. Weird, that it works but good for now.

As all have found, the Citi Credit card FI does not work.

• pamela77
    pamela77 Member ✭✭✭

I know this is a known issue, but I just want to add my name to the list of people who REALLY need this fixed. My Citi card and my American Airlines card do not work.

• SrTrekker
    SrTrekker Member ✭✭

Quicken, how much longer do we need to wait. Authentication works on Citi side, but not on Quicken side.

• HBudow
    HBudow Member

The Boatmaniac's work-around, using the "Costco…Visa" example, did indeed work for me with a Citi Advantage Mastercard. Cool! Back in biz. Had been having and trying all the various scenarios as described, this worked at the end. Thank you, all! WTG, Boatmaniac!!

• Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi

worked for me.

• mmsoar
    mmsoar Member

I'll add my hack that worked. In fact it may be a "feature" not a bug. After the "failed" screen I hit the "back" button. That takes you to the screen that allows you to search for your card. It appears that I needed to get the exact title of the card correct. In this case I failed multiple times searching for "Citi" cards. However, when I searched for the "AAdvantage" search term I saw the "American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Select World" card come up in the search box. Since that is my exact card I selected that and the authorization process went normally. So, I would speculate that there is something about the "Costco" card that the software recognizes generally, but otherwise it wants the exact card title of your personal card.

Of course, YMMV, so feel free to try this, but no guarantees.

I would also suggest that Quicken needs a new SW Quality Control manager as this should have been easily caught in any normal SW testing regression.

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭

Quicken's ssupprt update indicated the Citi Card issue had been addressed - however most recent attempt to authorize/register multiple card accounts results in the same outcome - Citi acknowledges successul registry and Quicken fails - still no access. THE PROBLEM CITES AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS LENGTHY THREAD CONTINUES.

• GeezerGeek
    GeezerGeek Member ✭✭✭

Yes, this worked for me also. Finally, after five days of waiting for Quicken to fix the problem. Thanks!

Quicken user since 1991, DOS version
  • jermon
    jermon Member ✭✭

I did the same and it worked for both that card and my Rewards+ card. I then did the citi business choice for my citi business card and that worked as well. Both had been deactivated by quicken when I first tried to update.

• John24
    John24 Member ✭✭✭

This solution worked for me as well. This is much appreciated, too bad that Quicken is now resorting to their customers solving their problems FOR THEM.

• OTN
    OTN Member ✭✭
    edited October 1

This issue has NOT been fixed as of Tue, 10/1/24, 10:53A - PST, Windows 10, Qkn v. 59.6.

In Quicken Citi account I attempt to reauth the account via Qkn link to Citi site. I click on Citi auth for current and future Qkn accts. I get the Qkn (redirect) message: "Your accounts have been authorized successfully.". Then the Qkn "Activate One Step Update" screen (grayed out) is displayed that says: "Sign in to Citibank bank failed. Try again.".

I even tried creating a new/additional Citi credit card account, followed the same Qkn-directed process per above, with the same result. Downloading a file of txns from Citi manually is NOT an option since it will download a month's worth at a time where the user cannot date-select.

(It's not a browser issue. I changed default browsers and still have the same above issue.)

Please fix this issue. It has been going on way too long and the work-arounds are unacceptable. Thank you for your efforts. They are appreciated.

• grvsmth1
    grvsmth1 Member
    edited October 1

I came here to say this. Thank you!

• PostProdGuy
    PostProdGuy Member ✭✭

same here

• This search work around worked for both Costco Anywhere Visa and American Airlines AAdvantage Platinum Select cards.

Thanks for posting updates

• Thumbs up for this workaround. It worked for my Citi AAdvantage Gold Mastercard.

• brpqkn
    brpqkn Member ✭✭

I did the same as you, and it worked. I actually have two Citi AA cards (AAdvantage World Mastercard and the free AA AAdvantage card) and both have been reconnected doing this. Thanks!

Cheers.

• Yvonne
    Yvonne Member ✭✭

Selecting Costco Anywhere Visa Card by Citi allowed me to complete authorization successfully. I was also able to run One Step Update successfully

• Flux
    Flux Member ✭✭

This worked for me to activate a Citibank Custom Cash Card and a Citibank Double Cash Card. Just used the "Citi Costco Card hack". I needed to clear both the "Financial Institution" and the "Account Number" fields in the "General" tab in account information to get everything to work properly and match my pre-existing accounts when re-authorizing. Thank you for the fix!

• D Jones
    D Jones Member ✭✭

I have a Citi Double Cash mastercard. I chose from the list "Citi Smart mastercard" instead of just "Citi" and that made it work.

• kg7
    kg7 Member ✭✭

@Quicken Kristina You said in another post "Costco Citi Credit Card has been updated to allow for the download of transactions," but I'm still getting sign in failure in Quicken, despite Citi authorizing the sign in. (See my post on September 26.) Thanks.

• HiwasseeVol
    HiwasseeVol Member ✭✭

This worked for me, Thanks

• bruce_wilson
    bruce_wilson Member ✭✭

Add my name to the list: "Costco Citi Credit Card has been updated to allow for the download of transactions," but I'm still getting sign in failure on Quicken side, despite Citi authorizing the sign in.

Quicken needs to fix and notify it's customers there is a problem and when fix is available.

• Still not successful. Same errors and screen shots that others have posted

• FloydB
    FloydB Member

I'm having the same issue.

I've tried this several times without success, even though I'm receiving emails from Citi telling me "You've authorized Quicken to access your Citi® account information"

• Tried removing account and account number as some have mentioned but getting same unsuccessful results. Are there any other ways to resolve this?

• glenn.hout
    glenn.hout Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 1

Citibank started erroneously downloading incorrect TXN's to Quicken starting roughly last Thursday, 9/24/2024. Quicken Support told me that Citibank tried a fix and it failed, so Citibank shut down ALL TXN DOWNLOADS for ALL CITIBANK ACCOUNTS to Quicken while they resolve this issue. This affects anyone using ANY Citibank credit card, banking, etc.

I spoke with a Supervisor at Citibank eServices today: (866) 544-5534, and she said that she could not locate any information about the issue or that this issue was impacting ALL Quicken users (both PC & MAC) and for all Citibank accounts. She said that she'd escalate internally, but based on the fact that she couldn't even find the issue nor an escalation, it's not promising when they will get a fix. I told her that if this wasn't resolved by next Monday, 10/7/2024 that I'd relay such to the entire Quicken Community and we'd start a full-court-press at the highest levels within Citibank to get this resolved.

Stay tuned!

• glacial
    glacial Member ✭✭
    edited October 2

I also have a Citi Double Cash mastercard that still wouldn't reauthorize after the "fix".
    I can confirm this worked for me after wasting an hour on other trouble-shooting and workarounds.

1. Try normal reauth until it fails after returning to Quicken with "Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try again." message.
    2. Hit back button on same dialog.
    3. Enter "citi" in search list.
    4. Select "Citi Smart mastercard" from list, near bottom.
    5. Continue as normal… and reauth worked and account updated.

The only issue I had when it started downloading transactions again is that Quicken changed the opening balance transaction for the account which broke reconciliation. I edited the opening balance back to what it was prior ($0.00 in my case) and now everything's good.

It's a good idea to review ALL your accounts in Quicken and if the starting balance is not ZERO (0.00), then copy the amount into the memo field for the opening balance transaction so you can fix it later if necessary.

• rebeccagronentha
    rebeccagronentha Member ✭✭

I tried this but Quicken message says "this field cannot be left blank." Why did this work for you, but not me?

• Voytek
    Voytek Member ✭✭

The problems with Citi credit card access are continuing. It worked for a while this afternoon then Quicken disconnected again. Right now it seems to connect to Citi accounts from Quicken on the Web, but not from the desktop. Citi aproves the authorization, but quicken doesn't connect, When is this going to be taken care of???? It has been going on all week.

This discussion has been closed.