Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Pat Marshall
Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭✭

I have used a Citi VISA card for years and followed with daily update in Quicken. Suddenly, Quicken directed me to reauthorize. So I sign ent to authenticate via my browser. The CIti web site says "Your accounts have been authorized successfully! You will now be redirected back to Quicken. If you are not redirected in a few seconds, you can close this window and return to Quicken. Then I get the message in Quicken "Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try again. Sorryt, the sign in failed due to time out or a connection error. Selecti Sign In to authenticate via your web browser."

I of course signed in multiple times with the same results. What's the problem? I use Quicken Classic Premier.

William

Best Answers

Answers

• Bob Uhl
    Bob Uhl Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I just ran the resent Quicken update and found that it broke my download connection with Citibank. I have tried the same steps as shown above and I receive the exact same error showing the failure.

• hmday
    hmday Member ✭✭✭✭

I experienced the same problem with the Costco CITI card

• Pat Marshall
    Pat Marshall Member ✭✭✭✭

Yes, my VISA is the Costco Citi VISA card as well. Weird that the Citi site says I am authorized, but that does not mean that Quicken accepts the authorization. I saw a blurb about there being transaction issues with Citi VISA from Quicken, but I don't know if that is related to this issue.

• eghanson
    eghanson Member ✭✭✭

This worked fine yesterday. Says I reauthorized today until 2025. Times out in Quicken after return from Citi and fails connection. WTF

• quick20
    quick20 Member ✭✭✭

I have the same issue with Citi starting today 9/19.

• Sactomojo
    Sactomojo Member ✭✭

I attempted the "reauthorize" 4 different times for Citi Cards. Errors out. Please fix this.

• CaptainJJ
    CaptainJJ Member ✭✭

I have the same issue with Citi MC and Citi Visa. Downloading these transaction worked well this morning but now they don't. Problem appeared after installing the latest Quicken software update R59.6

I called support and they acknowledge problem with Citi blocking the accounts. They expect to solve the problem with Citi within the next 24 hours.

• eghanson
    eghanson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 26

I found this fix that works.

Go to Add Account in Quicken. Enter Citi Card in the blank request field and select the Advanced Options link below the Citi Logo. Select Continue and then select Direct Connect for the connection and enter your Citi Login info. I was then Linked to my Quicken Account, and updates now work fine.

• pantz9
    pantz9 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem. As shown in the screenshots above, the Citibank page reports that the authorization process was successful, but Quicken reports it failed.

• VorDesigns
    VorDesigns Member ✭✭

I have the same problem, authorized successfully multiple times, Citi is happy, Quicken is not. At this point Quicken has deleted the previously working one step setup so now I have to double check every entry that eventually comes in.

Angel in support is supposedly going to call me back tomorrow.

I wish the banks would force Quicken to the EDI ANSI X-12 standard and be done with it.

• Patrick
    Patrick Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I have been using Quicken to download my Citibank transactions for years. Today, Quicken asked me to reauthenticate the citibank and I have followed the instructions 10 times, each time, on the Chrome browser it says

But then on Quicken, it kept saying each time. I have tried it 10 plus times and got the same problem

Please help.

• hillisro
    hillisro Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same -

• FredArthur
    FredArthur Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I am having the same problem with my bank/credit cards. I followed your instructions.

I logged into my credit card company and selected my accounts. All went well. I even got an email saying I have authorization to Quicken.

But after the authorization is complete, the Quicken "Add Acount" window says Sign in to Citibank failed. Try again. And around and around I go.

Now what? If I close that screen, then when I do an Update the accounts just authorized do not appear in the list. I am dead in the water.

Last week I was asked to authorize the accounts, and it all went well. This evening it asked again but it failed as described. I noticed an updated version of Quicken was being offered. I did the upgrade to Release R59.6 thinking it might resolve the problem. No Joy.

Please advise.

Quicken Windows Subscription: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 21H2.
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version.)
  • Chipman54
    Chipman54 Member ✭✭

Same here…… seemed like the same issue I had last month with TD Bank which took over a week and hours to resolve….Quicken quality has declined… let us know ASAP when it's fixed

• kg7
    kg7 Member ✭✭

Quicken prompted me today that Citi wanted me to reauthorize. I have tried multiple times using different web browsers, as well as restarting Quicken. I'm on Windows 10. Here are my results every time: (Yes, the UI comes back with that glitchy translucent gray every time.)

• proflaw
    proflaw Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I had precisely the same problem.

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

I have the same problem

• CharlieG
    CharlieG Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Quicken Classic Premier R59.6

• CedyDenver
    CedyDenver Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Me too. R59.6 Build 27.1.59.6

Citi sent an email saying "

As requested, Quicken now has access to your Citi® account information

However, Quicken says the authorization failed.

No online access for my citi account now.

• Ken1
    Ken1 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

same problem

• philster
    philster Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Me too. Interesting that CIti says it was successful and the Quicken screen then says it failed.

• philster
    philster Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

There seems to have been a number of issues with connecting Quicken to Citi, but I have been able to reauthorize before. I wonder what happened.

• RJM764
    RJM764 Member
    edited September 27

Same problem. Just started tonight

• Joyce
    Joyce Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Exact same thing here. Tried about 8 times, got the same messages. And not only that, it removed my online services set up and now I can't set it up for that as well. And it just started today also.

IMO these processes should be more thorougly tested before going live.

Using Brave browser, VPN on and also off. No effect.

😠

• dcaron
    dcaron Member
    edited September 27

I am having the same problem! I've tried it 7 or 8 times. Citibank says sign on is OK, Quicken says Sign In to Citibank Failed. Try Again.

HELP!

[Removed - Personal Information]

• Jeff Nicoll
    Jeff Nicoll Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Exact same issue.

This discussion has been closed.