Citibank Cards Authentication Problem (QWIN)

Answers

• pjeffreynorth
    pjeffreynorth Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue!

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭

I am using the subscription version of Quicken Deluxe R59.6 and Windows 11. When attempting to update my CITI credit card Quicken attempts to establish a new connection then times out with a message indicating CITI rejected the connection. The existing Online Service information in Quicken is also wiped out. When I attempt to reconnect it brings me to a Chase authorization screen. After I log in I get a message the Chase authorization was complete. However, Quicken cannot log in.

• ironman1492
    ironman1492 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Yup me too

• rhoadester99
    rhoadester99 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Sep 27, Updated Quicken this morning, My 2 citi accounts both have error 902 and both say click reauthorize button, but there is no reauthorize button available. I think Quicken may have released a temporary version to deactivate citi downloads while they work the problem. I want Quicken to keep us updated when they are working a problem.

• SteveH28
    SteveH28 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem. After authorization at teh Citi website, it returns to Quicken which says the connection timed out, and the setup for online updates fails. I can no longer get one-step-updates for two Citi credit cards.

• Ron S
    Ron S Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue here. Except I can reestablish the connection if I use Direct Connect instead of Express Web Connect.

• Michael R
    Michael R Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

same here

• BobF730
    BobF730 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same here

• fitz6544
    fitz6544 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same same…

• ggranger3
    ggranger3 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Having the same issue - Citi re-authorizes access, but Quicken reports failure, with the same error messages shown in the first post, above.

• HermanBr
    HermanBr Member
    edited September 27

Same issues: Citi Bank and Quicken not talking ! Problem !

• Yaxman
    Yaxman Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same situation here. I also tried using different browsers; Chrome Edge and Firefox as suggested in another post. The steps and errors were identical in all 3 browsers.

• DaveM
    DaveM Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

DITTO……………

• alan14
    alan14 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

exactly the same for me this morning, Sept 27.

• donh701
    donh701 Member
    edited September 27

same problem. Quicken just keeps getting worse and more expensive. User for decades.

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue for me. It is very frustrating for Quicken to break something that was working fine before!

• John Rocke
    John Rocke Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue for me. It is very frustrating for Quicken to break something that was working fine before!

• Hogan1953
    Hogan1953 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue for me.

• Kardinalcc
    Kardinalcc Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

This has been broken since Jan of this year, it finally gets resolved for a few month, now it's broken again? 20+ year user seeking alternatives.

• pvorlander@gmail.com
    edited September 27

Cannot reauthorize Citi accounts

• michaelrhodes1954
    michaelrhodes1954 Member ✭✭✭

I got a prompt this morning during my One Step Update that Citibank wanted to reauthorize. I followed the steps, logged in to Citibank when prompted, and checked all the appropriate boxes in the browser. The Citi site said authorization was successful. My Quicken software said connection timed out. Now my Citi account is no longer included on my updates. When I select "Set up online" from Quicken for Citi, my browser attempts to connect to the Citi site but I get an error message: "400 Bad Request - Request Header Or Cookie Too Large".

Where to go from here?

Running the following:

Windows 11 Home (up-to-date - had an update this morning)

Quicken Classic Premier Version R59.6, Build 27.1.59.6

• Jeff Skelton
    Jeff Skelton Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Did not work for me 9-27-2024 @ 5:30 am

• CorkTheElder
    CorkTheElder Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue.

• mdross171
    mdross171 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue for me except that the Quicken Activate One Step Update banner "Sign in to Citi Cards bank failed. Try again' pops up in Quicken. Citi sent emails stating both of my credit card accounts have been given authorization for Quicken to access my account. I've tried multiple times to no avail. And to top it off I get an email this morning that my Quicken subscription will renew in a month. Currently both Citi accounts have no online access. It worked yesterday morning. Something broke. FIX IT!

• M Scott C
    M Scott C Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Add me to the list of users having this issue. Has Quicken issued a link to a status page for a fix?

• dazellman
    dazellman Member
    edited September 27

same here, very frustrating

• tod_quick1
    tod_quick1 Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Ok, I'll join the rest of you with this one. Big Fail.

• rlmarket
    rlmarket Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same problem. Also, switched default browsers from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge without benefit.

This comment from Quicken says that it is blocking all Citibank downloads because of technical problem with downloading incorrect transactions:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956141/updated-9-26-24-citi-card-citi-bank-all-associated-citi-fis-downloading-incorrect-transactions#latest

• rlmarket
    rlmarket Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited September 27

Same issue. Running R59.6 Quicken Classic Premier, Windows 10.0.22631. Changing default browsers from Chrome to Edge was unhelpful. Reauthorization through One-Step update didn't work. Initially says reauthorization successful, but after redirects to Quicken a pop-up says failed due to timeout issue or connection error. Accounts list says downloads need to be activated, despite working before, but this route gives same outcome.

This comment from Quicken says that it is blocking all Citibank downloads because of technical problem with downloading incorrect transactions:

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7956141/updated-9-26-24-citi-card-citi-bank-all-associated-citi-fis-downloading-incorrect-transactions#latest

• jlz0418
    jlz0418 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27

I too, like you received the same request to reauthorize my Citibank account this morning following a self-install of Quicken version R59.6. I logged into Citibank, followed the instruction checking of all the listed accounts, received confirmation that the accounts were reauthorized but upon returning to Quicken was greeted with "Sign-In to Citibank Failed. Try Again". Further details indicated that this was due to a Timeout or Connection issue. Now, my Citibank Checking account says Online Services for this account requires setup which can't be done under these circumstances.

Thinking this may have been the result of the recent Quicken update, I rolled back to the previous version but got the same results. It would appear that the business relationship between Quicken and Citibank needs much improvement as this isn't the first issue encountered with the financial institution.

This discussion has been closed.