Create a useful Category/Transaction Detail Report in Quicken For Mac (248 Legacy Votes)
- SubTotals on reports
- More Sorting Options to Reports
- Choose to Show/Hide Columns That Appear in Reports
- Show/Hide Splits in registers and reports
- Selection Criteria for -No Category- and -No Tag- on Reports
- Ability to Include $0 (zero) Transactions in Reports
- Include or Exclude Transfers on Reports
- Ability to Organize Reports by Income and Expense vs Cash Flow
- Add Unreconciled Filter in Transaction Register and Reports
- Report Formatting Options
- and of course carry forward report formats from other versions*
Currently, the only way to get anywhere close to this is via the Category Summary report and select to show details. Unfortunately, it is hugely inflexible, providing very little control over its content and format.
As I have described in detail here in Request for Customizable Reporting Engine, a single properly designed detail report template can be used to create 3 different detailed reports for Category, Payee and Accounts. This same template could be easily modified to also create the Tag Detail report, by simply changing the order of columns.
(The same approach can be use with a single summary report template to replace 4 existing Category, Payee and Accounts Summary, and even Tags reports.)
Of the 80+ memorized reports I have, over half of these are detail reports. So, this report is really needed.
(If you find this feature helpful, please be sure to click "VOTE" at the top of this page to increase the count of this post and therefore its visibility to other users and to the developers.)
If you do not click VOTE at the top of the page, your vote will NOT be counted!
Click "Follow" at the top if you want to receive notifications of any replies to this thread.
Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
FAQs: Quicken Mac • Quicken Windows • Quicken Mobile
Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas
Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires
(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)
(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)