importing transactions from a previous file - same Quicken Version

Paige
Paige Member ✭✭
How do I import older transactions (from a previous Quicken file, but same version).  I am using Quicken 2017 Mac.  I have 4 months of transaction in a previous Quicken File that I want to import into my current file.  This is NOT from a previous version of Quicken, but the same current version.  Can I somehow just copy paste those transactions?

Comments

• John_in_NC
    John_in_NC SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    You are not going to be able to copy and paste transactions from one file to another.

You could resort to a complicated workaround, but I believe it would be easier/faster to simply reenter the four months of data.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Meanwhile, you may want to add your VOTE to Add Ability to Select Content of QXF File for Export.

First, click on the underlined link above to go there, then click VOTE at the top of THAT page, so your will vote count for THIS feature and increase its visibility to the developers.

Eventually, this will be added to the List of Requests for Data and File Management Features. You may want to follow that list to add your VOTE to related IDEAS that are eventually added. Click on the underlined link, then click Follow.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

You are not going to be able to copy and paste transactions from one file to another.

You could resort to a complicated workaround, but I believe it would be easier/faster to simply reenter the four months of data.

One such technique is to create a copy of the data file and delete all transactions other than the 4 months you are interested in. Then export that data using QXF and re-import into the data file of interest.

(QXF exporting and importing is currently an all or nothing feature).

If you try this, be sure to make backups before you start in case you do not achieve the desired results. YMMV

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:

• Paige
    Paige Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

This did work - thank you.  I did finally get thru on phone support and they walked me thru this procedure.  It is reassuring to get the same answer from two sources though.  I also added my vote as you suggested below.  Thanks again.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

Glad it worked out for you.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.