QWin 2017: Investment accounts in CDN version

Unknown
Unknown Member
edited August 2018 in Investing (Windows)
I posted this item three months ago and I am still looking for a solution.

I am using the CDN version of Quicken 2017. I am trying to get all my accounts to sync with the mobile app. The first problem is whenI check the accounts listed on the Desktop's Mobile Tab, none of the investment accounts are listed.

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    You need to make sure you selected which accounts are to be synced with Mobile by activating them in the Quicken desktop app.

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    That is the problem.  The Investment Accounts are not listed so I cannot select them.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    My BMO Investorline accounts all showed up at the bottom under the category "Other".  My USD accounts are not listed.  I use my USD MasterCard and USD Chequing account all the time.  And when you click on "Why aren't all my accounts listed?" I get a "Can't reach this page" error screen on Quicken Help. Perhaps you have USD investments in your investment accounts?
  • DC A
    DC A Member
    edited September 2017
    I think Quicken Cloud and the mobile app are very much a work in progress.  I suspect that a decision was made to limit it to only your home currency.  I await this being a working part of the program and hope that at some point different currencies will be enabled.  For now I consider this just a little too risky to use.
  • ColinGruchy
    ColinGruchy Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Yes, several years ago when I was chatting with support about the TFSA having an account type of Roth IRA I was told that the product is developed for the USA and then they tweak it for Canada.  I asked for TFSAs to at least be put under Investments instead of Retirement in the home page view and that still hasn't happened.  I really want it to have its own section and some reporting unique to the product.  So I think we may be holding our breath to get USD securities in the mobile app and cloud because Americans only trade in USD.  I don't have any USD securities, so the app works just fine.  I really like how I can view by security or by account.  My guess is development spend is based on demand, and Canada is a small percentage of that.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks, that is a logical answer. Too bad there isn’t an alternate product.
This discussion has been closed.