View Attachments in Reports (2 Legacy Votes) (1 merged vote)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Reports
When I run a report I would like for it to indicate whether or not I have a receipt attached to the transaction. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this? Is this possible?
Quicken 2017 Deluxe
48 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Comments

• Michael Jones
    Michael Jones Member, Windows Beta Beta
    edited February 2018
    I don't know of any way to do this in a report no.  Something you could turn into a request.
  • Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Hello Kellie,

Unfortunately no, Quicken does not currently have the ability to [indicate] if attachments are associated with transactions in reports, however I think that is a great idea that could be useful to many Quicken Users so I have converted your post into an "Idea" from a problem. 

The Idea posts can be voted on by other Users and are reviewed directly by the Development teams to know what features/improvements are being requested.  This is usually the best way to submit a new feature/improvement request as the more votes an Idea gets, the higher a priority it is assigned which helps to get it implemented sooner rather than later or in some cases, at all. 

Thank you,

Sarah
  • Jim Douthit
    Jim Douthit Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    When creating a report it would be nice to also display the attachment
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Were you envisioning just an attachment icon or did you want to be able to open the attachment from the report?

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Jim Douthit
    Jim Douthit Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I would like to have the actual attachment displayed on the report, but minimum be able to open the attachment from the report.
  • peterm4256
    peterm4256 Unconfirmed, Member
    The ability to view and/or print all transaction attachments for a given time period would indeed be a very helpful feature.
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    This may exist. Just thinking if I wanted to quickly produce a report printing register with all the attachments that go along with it there may be an option.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BRETTB ,

You want to scan your receipt into another program , Paperport or File Center, first.

Then attach the resulting file to the Transaction.

You can print the attachment from another program, only, not from Quicken, itself.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Quicken_Natalie
    Quicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @BRETTB,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea for this same feature request.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to add to this feature the ability to create a SEARCHABLE PDF (say you have to give a report to a lawyer as a Trustee and you have to provide the Financials along with the supporting receipts (attachments).   

Besides making the PDF with the financials - P&L and Balance Sheet / Transaction Register- Behind those on one PDF would be all the Attachments which would be BOOKMARKED/LINKED TO the Line Item (quicken line item description).  There may be different options on how the attachments are sorted and categorized also - like by date, category, tag.  - also maybe all this items besides the description are part of the bookmark description/link.

Hope this is clear.

Brett
  • BRETTB
    BRETTB Member ✭✭✭✭
    One more idea on attachments - allow us to add tags for attachments.  Like Statement, Receipts, etc.  Then when we compile an report we can select All Attachments or a select a group of attachments by tag.
  • DanRay
    DanRay Member
    edited October 2020
    Does anyone know of a way to include the attachments when printing out a registry report?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭

Hello @DanRay

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered.

I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread to add the ability to view attachments in reports.

Be sure to navigate to the top of this post and click the up arrow to add your vote!

Ideas are reviewed by our development team to see what people would like to be available in the future.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • kevin55
    kevin55 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2021
    For tax purposes it would be great if we could get a report of what transactions have attachments and be able to print out attachments in a date range or by payee or transaction type
  • Quicken SangeethaS
    Quicken SangeethaS Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to update that we did check this post, reached out to users and it looks like the main ask is to be able to see thumbnail view or full view of the attachments in reports so it can be printed. That is a very hard thing to accomplish for us as of now and will need a lot of engineering bandwidth. So we are going to leave this in the backlog for later when we have that much time. Sorry about that but we'll revisit later. Thanks.

Sangeetha
  • Is there a way just to see on a report whether there is an attachment to a transaction? I would just like a way to see how many transactions I have with no attachments/receipts so I can track them down from the field.
  • Mark Velarde
    Mark Velarde Member ✭✭
    edited August 2021
    [Removed - Speculation/Off Topic]
  • Agreed on the report. It is also needed for an annual report I have to do as a Court appointed Conservator.
  • Completely agree with this. I must provide annual reporting as a Court appointed Guardian and Conservator. Part of this annual settlement, as it is referred, includes receipts matched up to the transactions.
    Another huge benefit is with Expense Reports for companies. Specifically when receipts are required. I would love to have this simple report that would greatly benefit and enhance my life. If the report could be printed, it would save me 10-12 hours of work.

> @BRETTB said:
    > I would like to add to this feature the ability to create a SEARCHABLE PDF (say you have to give a report to a lawyer as a Trustee and you have to provide the Financials along with the supporting receipts (attachments).   
    >
    > Besides making the PDF with the financials - P&L and Balance Sheet / Transaction Register- Behind those on one PDF would be all the Attachments which would be BOOKMARKED/LINKED TO the Line Item (quicken line item description).  There may be different options on how the attachments are sorted and categorized also - like by date, category, tag.  - also maybe all this items besides the description are part of the bookmark description/link.
    >
    > Hope this is clear.
    >
    > Brett
  • 3SRanch
    3SRanch Member
    being able to print the attachments in bulk would be a huge advantage. Otherwise there is a big loss of value to being able to store the receipts and statements.
  • b4paces
    b4paces Member ✭✭

When I do my taxes and print a report I need proof of the expense and showing the attachment would meet the irs expectation for proof.

• Yvette M Metz
    Yvette M Metz Member ✭✭

I place a file on my desk top labeled Receipts

I scan all my receipts to this folder then in Quicken attach to each register entry. If I need a print out of all the recipts I go the the file on my desk top {Receipts} and print out what I need.

• akatimr
    akatimr Member

I can't believe there isn't a way to download attachments or sync them to a folder. Why would I want to attach receipts if I can't get them out easily for reimbursement requests, audit, and much more!

• Hello All,

The status of this Idea has been changed to Under Consideration as it has been resubmitted to our Product and Development team for further review.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• John@33
    John@33 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 23

Potentially related to this. Maybe combine votes/ideas?

• tlitchfo1
    tlitchfo1 Member ✭✭✭

As many others have stated, this would be extremely useful and a time saver when need reports for things like reimbursement requests and IRS audits. I have rental properties and attach receipts to various transactions like repairs, supplies, etc. and if ever audited would need to provide a report like a Schedule E with the transactions by property including attached receipts.