Asset Allocation Reports for Quicken Mac (as on Quicken 2007/Windows) (14 merged votes)

Quicken Community
edited October 2023 in Investments
Quicken 2007 has a simple report for Asset Allocation,.  This is one of the most useful factors to track in investing, but is weirdly lacking in Quicken 2018.  It is absolutely needed, along with the ability to create your own labels for assets so you can customize your allocation.  Please vote for this!
135 votes

Under Consideration · Last Updated

Submitted for review Dec 2020 - CTP-7530

Comments

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited February 2018
    MUCH Needed.  This is  a very important part of analysis and managing finances.
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2019
    Please add tools for investment/asset allocation in Quicken Mac. I'm literally running Mac and Windows in tandem because of the lack of this feature.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Do you mean for portfolio re-balancing?

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Arthur112
    Arthur112 Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Same issue.  Came over from Qwin and now on current Qmac.  Can't find any aggregated investment allocation reporting across brokerage and Retirement accounts.  Does anyone have a work around until this added?

• billeye10
    billeye10 Member ✭✭✭
    Please add to reports and the chart display the ability to display asset allocation like windows version. Quicken 2019 lacks the ability to see asset allocation for tracking investments. 

Thank You
  • drdrednomo
    drdrednomo Member
    Same issue and also looking for a work-around.
  • I have recently converted from Quicken for Windows to Quicken for Mac and find the lack of investment reports (especially the inability to do asset allocation reports) very frustrating. This is a critical missing capability.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    All you folks have to click the grey triangle under the VOTE count in the blue banner to have your vote counted. It may take a moment to register after clicking. (If it is black, your vote has already been counted).

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• I concur with the recommendation. A rather involved workaround i am developing is to export the investment portfolio into Mac Numbers or Excel, the manually add the investment allocation info (ie Large Growth Mutual Fund) and then use vlookup and/or a pivot table for the results. This is so easy in QWin.
  • bobsully
    bobsully Member ✭✭✭
    Surprised when I found this missing. Report basics....
  • Ditto, but not even considering QMac until I have this. One of the most important functions in QW in my opinion. Been waiting a long time now!
  • cszczech123
    cszczech123 Member ✭✭
    Would love to see the Mac version receive a portfolio asset allocation feature so I know how my entire portfolio is truly allocated. The Windows version has had this for quite a long time now, as I was formerly a Windows user.
  • Hello cszczech123,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community!

I went ahead and merged your post with an ongoing Idea for this same feature request. Our developer's review Idea threads to get an idea of what people would like Quicken to offer.

Be sure to add your vote by clicking on the gray triangle right above the current vote count, located in the blue box at the beginning of this thread:

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• Kilcom
    Kilcom Member
    :( I just switched from Windows to the MAC version of Quicken. What a disappointment. A fundamental investing tool called asset allocation is useless as it is implemeted at this point. When will this be improved?
  • ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭
    Not an answer but to say: about a year or two back I bought my nephew a copy of Quicken for Mac so I could show him how useful it was (i use Windows). Only to find that much of the asset management functionality wasn't there!

What a disappointment, if not deceiving. They call it Quicken on both platforms but Quicken Mac is sorely missing very useful functionality found in Quicken Windows.
  • K.
    K. Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, desperately need asset allocation. Or, at the least, a % of total column in the portfolio view.
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    I believe QFM is missing an investment report category in witch we could see asset allocation over time. How much is stocks, fixed income and so one on your income, etc. Also it could suggest based on your profile optimal capital allocation.
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    I figured they moved my topic to this thread but since it is more than a year old I should remain hopeless that Quicken will find a solution for this.
  • szzz
    szzz Member ✭✭
    qmac 2020 - investing page -

request for display column of % of holdings of all accounts!
    should be a simple column addition to display percentage
    of a stock, cash, mutual fund in relation to total in accounts.
  • Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Hello @szzz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that this feature isn't currently offered. I have moved your post to the ongoing Idea thread with the same idea. This idea is currently being reviewed for consideration by our development team but we currently have no ETA. The post/idea will be updated as soon as more information is available and you'll be notified by email.

Thank you,
    Quicken Francisco
  • The drummer
    The drummer Member ✭✭✭
    This has been going on for 2 years now and nothing from Quicken. I think this is a much needed feature and they must do something asap.
  • > @"Quicken Community" said:
    > Quicken 2007 has a simple report for Asset Allocation,.  This is one of the most useful factors to track in investing, but is weirdly lacking in Quicken 2018.  It is absolutely needed, along with the ability to create your own labels for assets so you can customize your allocation.  Please vote for this!

Quicken for Mac is worthless for investments, because it can't even run an asset allocation report.
  • Steve29
    Steve29 Member ✭✭✭
    It is insane that Quicken Mac doesn't have better investment reports. IRR over time (so it isn't limited to 5 years) & Asset Allocation would be the first things I'd add. Really basic stuff! All the info is there, it couldn't be that hard to include it.

It would also be very nice to see an "amount invested" column for investment accounts. Cost basis is very nice, but it's not the same thing.

Needless to say, Quicken 2007 had all of this. 14 years ago.
  • this is critical for multiple reasons. I also run Banktivity and personal capital - both will give asset allocation as part of their fundamental programs. If either program advances further in investment management I may need to abandon Quicken after > 30 years of use.
  • frankmac
    frankmac Member
    Please do this!!!!
  • SGBond
    SGBond Member ✭✭
    Long-time Q user; recently bought a MAC. Falsely assumed that something as basic as Asset Allocation would be supported by Q-MAC, but it is not. Now I'm faced with finding new a new financial mgmt system, or waiting for the Q-MAC update. Quicken Mgmt: Please make my decision easy, as I really don't want to have to transition away from Q after all these years as a committed user. Thx
  • maryalton
    maryalton Member ✭✭
    Please add asset allocation. It works for Windows version; it can't be that hard to translate to Mac version. It is a MUST HAVE for investments. Thanks for your consideration. Mary
  • buzz69
    buzz69 Member
    No asset allocation for Mac? Bummer. It's such a basic thing- really negligent it's not included.