can I import my Quicken 2015 for Mac data to the starter level package of 2018?

Options
Will starter level 2018 for Mac import my data from Quicken 2015 for Mac?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    You do realize that the 2018 release of Quicken (Win or Mac) is subscription and that if your subscription lapses, the Starter Edition reverts to read-only mode.  You will not be able to enter ANY transactions into it by any means (download or keyboard).

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    yes, I realize that, but I just don't need all the bells and whistles beyond the Quicken Starter..  but, I read somewhere that the Starter version will not import previous Quicken data files.  I use Quicken 2015 for Mac.  Do you know if this is true?
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MikeV said:

yes, I realize that, but I just don't need all the bells and whistles beyond the Quicken Starter..  but, I read somewhere that the Starter version will not import previous Quicken data files.  I use Quicken 2015 for Mac.  Do you know if this is true?

The reason I did not answer that is I am a Windows user and not knowledgeable on the Mac product.  Since this is the first time for SE for Mac, I have not seen this issue discussed as of yet. 
    I believe that anything you have read on this topic is related only to the Windows product.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Hey MikeV,

Previously, the starter version could not be used for conversion purposes but that has changed with the 2018 product.

The current 2018 starter product can convert data from previous version.

Hope this helps!
    ~~~***~~~
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Thank you, QT.  
This discussion has been closed.