Loan payments not visible

Clinton
Clinton Member ✭✭
I converted my existing mortgage from the standard Liability account, to a Loan account, using the 'Convert' button on the Settings page.  Most of my transactions are no longer visible.  The 'Payments' section shows three (3) transactions, since my previous Filter settings were set for 90 days.   However, since converting the account to a 'Loan', the filter buttons are no longer visible, and I'm stuck with the 90 day view.

The only workaround I have found is to click on Debts in the left menu, and then you can view the Transactions for all your debt accounts.

Not sure if hiding the Filter buttons is by design or not.  If you don't want to clutter the Loan interface on the Payments tab, perhaps you can add filter controls to the menu bar, under the View menu item.

Comments

• J_Mike
    J_Mike SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    The Settings icon in this particular view has been moved.
    Look for the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the display.
    QWin & QMac (Deluxe) Subscription
    Quicken user since 1991

• Clinton
    Clinton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

The Settings gear icon isn't the issue.  The problem is that I can't view all my mortgage transactions from the loan account.
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

Hello Clinton,

Would you be able to share a screen shot of the issue?

Mac Snapshot Tool Help: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3869336

Please let us know so that we can best assist.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

BTW, the "snipping tool" on the Mac is called a snapshot tool.  ;-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Clinton
    Clinton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

As requested, here are screenshots to illustrate the problem.

The Before view is the original mortgage liability account I had before using the 'Convert to Loan' button on the Settings page.image
    Afterward conversion, the Payments view is similar to Transactions above, but the filters are no longer available, so the filters are locked onto their previous selections and can't be changed.  Therefore, I can't view all other transactions for this account, which is every payment I made before January.
  • Clinton
    Clinton Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JM said:

Final thoughts...  Using a backup of my data file, I cleared the filters on my mortgage liability account, which displayed all transactions... and then converted the account to a 'Loan' again.  The upshot of all this is now the account is a 'Loan' with all the new functionality, but all my payments are visible as well.

If you choose not to restore the filter buttons to the Loan Payments tab, you could add a step to the Loan conversion process that clears all filter selections automatically.  This would fix the problem, but the filter buttons are useful in my opinion.

Or give users a heads up first.  Users can always convert the Loan back to a Liability, change their filters, then convert back to a Loan again, but that's a lot of needless activity.  And every time you do that, you have to verify your loan details again.  Thanx.
This discussion has been closed.