Share and price changes following Quicken for Mac 2007 conversion to 2018 version

I just purchased Quicken 2018 Mac version and tried to import a 2007 Mac file.  Everything seemed to work well except for one security in a retirement account.  All of the shares transacted are decreased by two digits and corresponding security prices increased by two digits.  For example, buying 197.433 shares at $10.13 became 1.9743 shares at $1013.00 after conversion.  I imported the file a few times and the same happened each time.  I tried taking off the security symbol in the original file and the same still happened.  The security in question is Vanguard Long Term Investment Grade Investor Class (VWESX).  Thanks!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    In either the old or the new software, is this security incorrectly marked as Security Type = Bond instead of Mutual Fund?
  • Unknown
    Unknown Member
    edited October 2018
    Yes!  Indeed it was marked as bond rather than mutual fund.  I corrected the security type to mutual fund and both the shares and prices imported correctly.  Thank you!  How did you guess?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TST said:

Yes!  Indeed it was marked as bond rather than mutual fund.  I corrected the security type to mutual fund and both the shares and prices imported correctly.  Thank you!  How did you guess?

Just a lucky guess, I guess ... ;-)
    Other people had posted similar questions before and Bonds are the only type of securities where a factor of 100 comes into play.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    TST said:

That is what happens when you hang around here long enough... you get good at "guesses"   ;-)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.