C G Weber Member
edited October 2018 in Investing (Mac)
Multiple Mutual Funds Download Individually

Comments

• Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello C G, appreciate your question.

Please review this article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-...

Thank you in advance.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited August 2018
    Just updated my post with more details
  • Quicken Harold
    Quicken Harold Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Hello C G..

I do not see any update to your original question. 

Please review this article: https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity/topics/add-your-quicken-information-to-your-posts-plus-... and please repost your question so that we can best help you.

Respectfully,
    ~ Quicken Harold.
    Quicken Harold
    Community Moderator
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited August 2018
    Hopefully, I'm getting the hang of this now.  My issue is that in downloading from a couple of different mutual fund companies, probably via DST Systems, each fund downloads as a separate account even if they are under the same registration.  So, if you have 10 funds in the same IRA where you get one statement from the fund company, you need to set up one account per fund instead of one account.  There is no way to override this, designate 2 or more funds to the same account, nor move the transactions.  Does anyone know a workaround or hopefully Quicken can put a fix with DST in the suggestion box?
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    C G Weber said:

Hopefully, I'm getting the hang of this now.  My issue is that in downloading from a couple of different mutual fund companies, probably via DST Systems, each fund downloads as a separate account even if they are under the same registration.  So, if you have 10 funds in the same IRA where you get one statement from the fund company, you need to set up one account per fund instead of one account.  There is no way to override this, designate 2 or more funds to the same account, nor move the transactions.  Does anyone know a workaround or hopefully Quicken can put a fix with DST in the suggestion box?

You still haven't mentioned if you are using QWin or QMac and what year version of Quicken you are using.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    C G Weber said:

ASSUMING "Windows", it sounds to me like you set up 10 Accounts within Quicken, each Account denoted as a "single mutual fund" Account.

If you have 10 funds in an IRA and set the IRA Account up properly in Quicken, then transactions involving those 10 funds will all funnel into that one Account. 

Right click one of those Accounts in the Account Bar, (column on the left or right of the screen depending on your setup), select "Edit/Delete account" and look to see if "Yes" has been selected next to "Single mutual fund account."
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited August 2018
    C G Weber said:

I have a Mac version, but I will see if I can find something similar.
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited August 2018
    C G Weber said:

I see no such option on the Mac side.  Hopefully they will add this feature.
  • RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2018
    C G... QMac is supposed to detect and handle this automatically; combine them into one account. If it's not working, you probably should contact support so they can look at your file. Or do a an advanced search here on the forum for "Single Mutual Fund" limited to the category "Investments Mac". There is a bunch of discussion on this topic. Unfortunately, I don't remember any specific resolutions.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited October 2018
    I did find some posts that deal with my issue.  All say how to get a single mutual fund into Mac Quicken, but I have just the opposite issue.  I have multiple funds like a brokerage account, but Mac Quicken won't let me merge them into one account.  It seems Quicken could allow this vs. the fund company redoing their data feed.  Essentially, I have a mutual fund account that I want to download like a brokerage account.  I link one account and it delinks another and so on.  Does anyone know how to post this as a request to Quicken?
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    C G Weber said:

I did find some posts that deal with my issue.  All say how to get a single mutual fund into Mac Quicken, but I have just the opposite issue.  I have multiple funds like a brokerage account, but Mac Quicken won't let me merge them into one account.  It seems Quicken could allow this vs. the fund company redoing their data feed.  Essentially, I have a mutual fund account that I want to download like a brokerage account.  I link one account and it delinks another and so on.  Does anyone know how to post this as a request to Quicken?

Does anyone know how to post this as a request to Quicken?
    You've already done so.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited September 2018
    C G Weber said:

C G... for support for your specific issue, you will need to contact Quicken Support because Quicken employees do not generally address detailed issues such as this here on the forum.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • C G Weber
    C G Weber Member
    edited September 2018
    Thanks.  Quicken chat was able to submit it.

This discussion has been closed.