Investing>Allocations tab excludes cash held in brokerage accounts (QW2018)

Options
Bob_L
Bob_L SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in Investing (Windows)
Cash held in brokerage accounts is not included as part of the cash component of the portfolio on the Investing>Allocations tab.  This is the case because the drop down box for selecting securities does not include the "no security-includes cash" option.  As such the rebalance portfolio option there will also be incorrect when cash is held in brokerage accounts.

Quicken Business & Personal Subscription, Windows 11 Home

Comments

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Another part of Quicken that I don't think I've ever really used. 

You are correct in that the "no security-includes cash" doesn't appear among the list of available securities, yet in my file Investing-Allocations does show a cash percentage.  Perhaps that because of money market funds in the Accounts that are considered "cash"?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Tom Young said:

Another part of Quicken that I don't think I've ever really used. 

You are correct in that the "no security-includes cash" doesn't appear among the list of available securities, yet in my file Investing-Allocations does show a cash percentage.  Perhaps that because of money market funds in the Accounts that are considered "cash"?

Like any security, you can assign an asset allocation to money market funds, which would usually be "Cash"

Interestingly, the Investing > Asset Allocation report does include cash held in brokerage accounts in the Cash bucket, 

If you choose "All Securities" in the Investing> Allocation tab, the cash is included, but if you choose "Custom", it is excluded and does not appear in the list of available securities, even if you check the "Hidden securities" box. A bug I think.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.