HST (or sales tax) related indicator and amounts in Register

Rob C.
Rob C. Member ✭✭
I know one can split to represent HST. For me, this adds clutter and extra work. I am (as other seem to as well) want an elegant way to auto-flag HST transaction item and show that amount in a single column.  One could turn on "TAX AMOUNT" and/or "TAX ON/OFF" in the Register column window as shown. This is important for business and doesn't need to be a expanded and cluttered as showing an HST split for all items. In preference, you could enter your sales tax rate. For those that may have multiple sales tax rates, you could store additional tax rates and assign with a color in the Register (red = 13%, blue = 8%, green = 21% etc...)

Tagged:

Comments

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Though I see why you would want this, I think it would be over-engineering for a personal finance software to account for ALL the different tax rates that it would have to account for; Federal Tax, Provincial/State Tax, and which ones apply for which purchases, etc. It gets complicated very fast when you account for ALL the scenarios.

I think a far simpler approach is what was implemented in QM2007, called 
    QuickMath functionality (though that also still does not exist in newer versions of QMac; yes, I know you are likely talking about QWin-CA, since you are talking about HST). I think that approach would be far easier to implement and account for all scenarios with less to deal with. 

Just my 5¢ worth ;-)

(If you find this reply helpful, please be sure to click "Like", so others will know, thanks.)

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• Rob C.
    Rob C. Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm on a PC so not sure if QuickMath is an option - is it?. The purpose is to track my business HST (sales ax equivalent) throughout  the year. Tax needs to be tracked (incoming vs. outgoing) which defines the business quarterly installments to our gov't agency. For now, I'm using the green flag to denote no-tax and manually doing the math. In a perfect world, it would be nice to be able to add a column with math functions similar to a spreadsheet "custom math column".... just a thought.