Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO
$92 quadrillion problem - wild cost basis error
I was experiencing the "$92 quadrillion problem" with cost basis on investments. Found and read several threads on this subject, but only one provided an answer that works. Posting link below to help people find the answer.
- - For me, this cost basis error originally showed up on both the portfolio view and in any reports/graphs that showed cost basis.
- - The problem was specific to 2 securities in 1 account (even though I have those same 2 securities in more than 1 account).
- - By scanning back in time through my portfolio view, I identified the individual (and unrelated) transactions that appeared to cause the error, and tested by removing and re-entering them.
- - At first, I modified the offending transactions (splitting them into smaller transactions) which removed the -$92 quadrillion error from my portfolio view, but the reports/graphs continued to show the error.
- - I found and followed this help tip to fix the error: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/17354930/#Comment_17354930
- - Problem solved!
This discussion has been closed.