Printing selected parts of registry reports in Quicken Deluxe 2018

After creating a register report sorted by category, I tried to print only one category but it stills prints out the whole report.  I've tried selecting the information and doing a copy and paste into Word.  I've tried to pint the selected information directly from Quicken but there seems to no option to just print a portion of the report.  Am I missing something or is it not possible to do this?
Thank you,
Atreyu

Best Answers

• Atreyu
    Atreyu Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sherlock, that's it!

You've explained it so that even I can understand what to do.  And it works!  Thank you very much.  Now my life can be a little less paper intensive.  I just wish the program help was a little more helpful.

Jim, thanks for responding but I'm not sure what you said makes sense to me.

Anyway, thank you both for helping.

Atreyu

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    You should be able to print the customized Register report.  I suspect you may be pressing Ctrl + P.  To print from a report, you should press Alt + P (or click on the print icon).
  • Atreyu
    Atreyu Member
    Hi Sherlock,
    Thank you for responding but your suggestion changed nothing about the results of trying again.

Maybe I can explain it better.  After creating the register report, I use the cursor to select one of the categories that I want printed separately.  When I go to print, whether it's using CTRL+P, ALT+P, the Print icon on the menu bar or right-clicking the selected data, there is no option to print only the selected items and the whole report gets printed.

The best I seem to be able to do is print the page that the selected item(s) are on.

Thank you again.
    Atreyu
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the confusion here is between displaying and printing a register vs. going to Reports > Spending and customizing one of those reports. 

The latter approach is what you want to do I think.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Atreyu
    Atreyu Member
    Answer ✓
    Hi Sherlock, that's it!

You've explained it so that even I can understand what to do.  And it works!  Thank you very much.  Now my life can be a little less paper intensive.  I just wish the program help was a little more helpful.

Jim, thanks for responding but I'm not sure what you said makes sense to me.

Anyway, thank you both for helping.

Atreyu
This discussion has been closed.