Can I still export all data in QIF format?

Options
Before committing to the new subscription version, I'd like to know that I still have the option of exporting all data in QIF should I ever become dissatisfied and want to move to an alternative app.  Otherwise all data is held hostage to Quicken if they only offer a proprietary format for export.  That would be unacceptable.

Answers

• smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    QMac does NOT offer QIF export. That was removed since QM2015. There is no standard way to export data from QMac into another product. Some of the ways would be to copy and paste data from reports into Excel or use the CSV export feature.

There is also the QMTF file format that can still be used for data export, which is based on the QIF standard but it does not support investment records, and may not be the most robust, as it was designed to allow QMac users to migrate back to QM2007 if they so chose, with the mentioned caveat.

Also, QMac uses an open SQL database that any third party can choose to read but as of now, I am not aware of any third party that takes advantage of that.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

• markwhy
    markwhy Member
    Options
    Thank you and wow.  So moving to Quicken 2019 is a one-way trip?  That's the only thing that will stop me from trying it for a year to see if I'm satisfied with it.  Not worth losing a year's worth of data if I decide to move to something else.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sorry, I should have mentioned one other method... There is an export using QXF, which is Quickens Transfer File format, which allows you to migrate to QWin.

It too is currently limited because although the QXF file contains investment records from QMac, QWin currently cannot read that part of the data. But the rest of the data would import into QWin. And QWin CAN export using QIF. It as some other caveats, like linked transfers get imported as separated unlinked transaction.

It is not much of a consolidation but it is another circuitous route to get at least get your non-investment related data out.

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.