"I have 2 farms for rent and one pays rent 2 times a year and the other farms pays 3 times per year."
Based on that limited information, the Quicken Rent Center should be able to handle the twice a year rental with a six month lease. But there is no four month lease available via the Rent Center, so I don't believe the Rent Center will be able to accurately track your rent for that property.
I would select a six month lease for the twice a year property, and "Other" for the "3 times a year" property. Lease info is found on the Terms and Agreement tab in the Add, or Edit, Tenant dialogs.
Since the rent Reminders generated by Quicken when a tenant is assigned to a property in the Rent Center are problematic, I think your best bet is to delete both of the rent Reminders created by Quicken and create your rent Reminders directly at Tools > Manage Bill & Income Reminders.
The rent Reminders you create should have certain characteristics:
- The rent Reminder should have the correct period with an appropriate "Due Next On" date.
- The Reminder Payee name should be the same as the Tenant name created in the Rent Center.
- The Reminder category should be a rental property rent income category; it should have a Schedule E income tax line item assigned.
- The Reminder tag should be the Quicken Property Tag for the property created in the Rent Center.
- The Reminder amount should be the rent amount specified in the Rent Center.
When properly constructed, a manually created Rent Reminder can be entered in the Rent Center by selecting the appropriate Property and clicking on the Enter button to the right of the Rent Amount.