How to change from monthly to 2-3 times per year for rental income?

I have 2 farms for rent and one pays rent 2 times a year and the other farms pays 3 times per year.  How do I work with that??

Best Answers

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Quicken can handle nearly any time frame desired, but the answer depends on where specifically you are looking, budgets, reminders?
  • rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    As I am new to Quicken Rental I guess I may not be sure where I need it but am working in "edit rental property tenant"
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, we'll address Income Reminders for now so you can see the ancticipated income at the expected time. Select Bills>Add Bills>Income Reminder, then add the name. The dates can be set however you need. For twice per year, see the example below.

• rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    When I click on "add bill" that what I get is "add a new bill" I don't get the "income reminder"
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to select add manual bill. The next screen should present you with the option to select the payee name. From there you select income.
  • rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    I do not get the "income" option only "bill Payment"
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not use H&B (your version), but Quicken shares the same fundamental menu structure. If you do not get to income reminder from the below screenshot, then someone with H&B should be able to direct you.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I DO run H&B ... and when I click BILL, Add Reminder ... I get exactly the same menu option as GeoffG shows in his graphic.
    By any chance are you running Q Canada ... which MIGHT have different menus?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    I have Business & Rental Property version.  I have found the income reminder as listed
    Bills & Income
    Add
    Income Reminder

Now I need to have a 3 payments a year for my second farm and only have 2 payments per year.  Any help with that??
  • rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    Sorry I missed a step after Bills & Income should be Income & Transfers then Add then Income Reminder
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Now I need to have a 3 payments a year for my second farm and only have 2 payments per year.  Any help with that?? "

• rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    I have the "How Often" box  but need 3 payments per year.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three payments per year would occur every 4 months as the screenshot shows. If your payments will not be at regular intervals, create 3 separate income reminders.
  • rperrine46@
    rperrine46@ Member
    I will have to create 3 separate income remincers.
    I want tho THANK YOU for your help you have given me today.
    THANK YOU
This discussion has been closed.