Sort Account View Or Reports by Account Investment Type

Options
I want the Account View to have the Investing Section sorted by IRA versus Non IRA. All the investment types are combined. I can't find an option in Reports to subtotal by Type either. I just want to know how much in the Investment section is pre-tax versus after tax. Pretty basic stuff, but cannot find out how to do it.

Best Answer

• Hoovage
    Hoovage Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your response. The Home View allows me to view Investing Accounts by Investments and by Retirement Accounts with subtotals. It remains a mystery though how to customize a report to show that same information in subtotal form. All the reports I create aggregate the totals and thus do not separate Investment Accounts from Retirement Accounts. I will keep playing around with it.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I'm not sure what you mean by Account View but you may be interested in the All Accounts or the Investment and Retirement Accounts item available on a Home view.  With respect to reports, I suggest you customize separate reports that include the desired account types: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, and check the desired accounts of the desired type.
  • Hoovage
    Hoovage Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for your response. The Home View allows me to view Investing Accounts by Investments and by Retirement Accounts with subtotals. It remains a mystery though how to customize a report to show that same information in subtotal form. All the reports I create aggregate the totals and thus do not separate Investment Accounts from Retirement Accounts. I will keep playing around with it.
This discussion has been closed.