Sort Account View Or Reports by Account Investment Type

I want the Account View to have the Investing Section sorted by IRA versus Non IRA. All the investment types are combined. I can't find an option in Reports to subtotal by Type either. I just want to know how much in the Investment section is pre-tax versus after tax. Pretty basic stuff, but cannot find out how to do it.

Best Answer

• Hoovage
    Hoovage Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response. The Home View allows me to view Investing Accounts by Investments and by Retirement Accounts with subtotals. It remains a mystery though how to customize a report to show that same information in subtotal form. All the reports I create aggregate the totals and thus do not separate Investment Accounts from Retirement Accounts. I will keep playing around with it.

Answers

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I'm not sure what you mean by Account View but you may be interested in the All Accounts or the Investment and Retirement Accounts item available on a Home view.  With respect to reports, I suggest you customize separate reports that include the desired account types: open the report, press Alt + C, select the Accounts tab, and check the desired accounts of the desired type.
  • Hoovage
    Hoovage Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thanks for your response. The Home View allows me to view Investing Accounts by Investments and by Retirement Accounts with subtotals. It remains a mystery though how to customize a report to show that same information in subtotal form. All the reports I create aggregate the totals and thus do not separate Investment Accounts from Retirement Accounts. I will keep playing around with it.
This discussion has been closed.