Random transactions are missing from income / expense reports

Created a new specific expense report in Quicken 17 Rental Property Manager and luckily realized that some transactions are missing.  No matter of unchecking and rechecking the box for the preferred categories in the report customization tab corrects the issue.  In another report, some of the missing transactions show up, but others are missing.  This is a serious issue to have a bookkeeping program to create reports for which I cannot count on the data.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Here are some things to check:

-- Do you perhaps have two similarly named categories that you have sometimes used interchangeably? Maybe one of them is hidden. Go to Tools > Category list, pick All categories and make sure Show hidden categories is checked, then review the category list for near duplicates. For example: Fitness Ctr and Fitness Ctr. could be separate categories.

-- Are the missing transactions all in one account, one date range, or do they have something else in common?
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeff154
    Jeff154 Member ✭✭
    Thanks so much for taking the time to answer.  The report is one I created for the first time with a new name, so duplication there.  I've also tried checking which categories both with and without the "show hidden categories" box is checked.  Yes, they are all in the same account, both the transactions that show up and those that don't, and yes from similar date ranges, in fact at one point on the same date.  Thanks again.
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thought:

Are the missing items parts of transactions that are split between multiple categories?

There have been some issues recently with split transactions and reports.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Jeff154
    Jeff154 Member ✭✭
    Thanks again Jim, but no, their not in splits.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words …
    Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    The Windows Snipping Tool (available with Windows 7 and up) can be used to capture a partial screen image and save it to a file.  Microsoft Paint can be used to annotate the image.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots
    To take a screenshot in Mac please see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361
    Please create image files of type PNG, JPG or GIF only.
    To attach the image here, start composing your reply in the "Type your comment" box at the bottom of the webpage. At the top of the text entry window  you'll see a row of icons beginning with B I S
    Click the "Attach image" icon (the one that looks like a tiny landscape with mountain and sun). It will allow you to select and upload the captured image file(s) from your computer. The captured image(s) will be inserted at wherever the cursor is located in the text.

By the way, what version, year and release of Quicken are you using? Click Help / About Quicken to get this information.
    Have you performed the data file trouble shooting procedure recommended by @Sherlock ?
  • Jeff154
    Jeff154 Member ✭✭
    Thanks UKR for your response.  I am using Quicken 2017 Rental Property Manager, build ver R19.1, build 26.1.19.1.  No, I haven't run the troubleshooting procedure.  Here is a screen shot of two reports. You'll see the difference under Utilities of what is missing from the report on the right.  In both cases the same categories are checked as to what should be included.  Thanks again.
This discussion has been closed.