Home Quicken for Mac Reports (Mac)

Report subcategory order?

When I run a transaction report, my subcategories don't display in alpha/numeric order. Why? (I've named my subcategories 01 Architect, 02 Permits, 03 Demolition, etc.)

Thanks for any help!
Tagged:

Comments

• jeff.power.1176jeff.power.1176 Member ✭✭
    I'm using Quicken Starter 2019, Version 5.11.0
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    What order do they go?  Can you tell if they are sorting by something else?
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you look at your Category list ... in what order do they display there?
    Perchance, is that the same order as you get in your reports?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Thanks for asking volvogirl... it seems to be random every time I bring up the report. I can't see any obvious order. And the categories don't re-sort when I click on the sort arrow in the right of the "category" column.
    Hi NotACAP... they sort in the correct numerical order in my category list. But they sort randomly (it seems) when I bring up the report.
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Can you post a screen shot of the report that's out of order?
    Here's a screenshot...
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverse numeric.  Curious.  If you print a longer report, with more main cats, are they in reverse numeric also?  What about their sub-cats?
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your report shows it is sorted by the Amount column:

Click on the Category column to re-sort the report by Category name. How does that work?
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
    Thanks jacobs... I've tried clicking the sort button on every column, no luck. The report seems to randomly sort in different ways every time I open Quicken and run it.
    Yup, I just did some testing now, and I see that subcategories aren't alphabetized. I guess I had never noticed this. I suggest using Help > Report a Problem to report this, as it seems to be a bug to me.
    Thanks jacobs... I'll do that... I guess it's another level in their development process...
  • SnowmanSnowman Member ✭✭✭✭
    Very curious as in all of my reports all of the subcategories are sorted properly, I am however using the Premier version of Quicken 2019.  Could it be something that is only present in the Starter Edition??
    @Snowman First, there's no separate Quicken Starter, quicken Deluxe or Quicken Premier -- they're all the same application, with just certain features enabled/disabled based on your subscription level.

Second, I'm using Premier, and I was able to find subcategories that were no in alphabetical order. (When you tested, were you using New Report, or the old Category Summary? The bug is with New Report; I didn't test the other.)
    @jacobs @Snowman ah yes, it must be related to a new report, because when I add those categories to one of my old reports they sort just fine within that report. Interesting...
    But beware that there are problems with the old Category Summary report. Many people have reported that it does not include all the data it should. I would absolutely not use that report at this time.
    @jacobs thanks
This discussion has been closed.