How can I move the transactions from one account only into a Quicken file from a backup?

One account seems to be corrupted. All transactions became positive numbers when I changed the column view, rather than negative and positive. I can go back to an earlier version, but I don't want to restore the entire Quicken file, just that one account. I'm not sure how to do it?

Best Answer

• Lomolo
    Lomolo Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! I didn't end up doing this as it seemed the problem wasn't in just that one account. And now, I found a different way to deal with it, see my comment to your second message.

Answers

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    That sounds like a very strange corruption scenario. Did you happen to turn on the Payment/Deposit columns instead of Amount?

In any case, if you want to import one account from a backup, you can try this:

1. Make a backup of your current file and stash it somewhere safe
    2. Restore the earlier backup as a separate Quicken file
    3. In this temporary separate file, delete every account except the one you want to keep.
    4. Export the (menu File > Export) as Windows Quicken Transfer File (QXF).
    5. Open your current Quicken file 
    6. Delete the corrupted account.
    7. Import the QXF file into the current Quicken file.

I think this should work. I'm not sure if you'll run into any issues with duplication of payees, categories, etc.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Lomolo
    Lomolo Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Thank you! I didn't end up doing this as it seemed the problem wasn't in just that one account. And now, I found a different way to deal with it, see my comment to your second message.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Have Questions? Help Guide for Quicken for Mac
    FAQs: Quicken MacQuicken WindowsQuicken Mobile
    Add your VOTE to Quicken for Mac Product Ideas

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen? Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(Now Archived, even with over 350 votes!)

(Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.