Mismatchs between Quicken and Brokerage Accounts

Options
1. My share amounts in Quicken don't match values in Brokerage accounts.

2. Quicken doesn't show dollar value of shares. Can I customize toolbar?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.  Reconcile the account in Quicken with the statements obtained from the financial institution.

2.  If you haven't already, you may want to review: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7267839/quicken-faq-managing-placeholder-entries-in-quicken-for-windows

We may customize the toolbar: right-click in the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What Q product are you running?  What country?  What Build of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this last piece of info.
    re: your questions
    1) For how long has this been going on.  Can you use prior brokerage statements to find a point where the shares/units DID match?
    2) Are you talking about the Account Bar, that to one side of your main Q window?  That column can be customized in various ways by clicking the Gear icon at the top of the Account Bar, and picking what you want to see.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• bcsigal
    bcsigal Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, but none really helped. I'll try to be more specific in the future and ask non-compound questions.
  • jr7107
    jr7107 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common things I encounter for share mismatches are a result of some kind of reinvestment transaction or shares sold in lieu of fractions (from a corporate action). It could be a missed buy or sell transaction but usually those are much larger discrepancies. As noted above, you need to find the last time the shares did match the broker, and then go line by line to see where the outlier is.
    Quicken user since 1994.
    Quicken Forum/Community Contributor since 2005.
This discussion has been closed.