changing auto fill name

One of my credit cards has changed its name and I updated the card name and the memorialized list for the new info.. However when I reconcile the account and go to the linked checking account, the old name shows up. How do I get rid of the old name. Past posts on this subject do not work. I run quicken H&B on windows 10.

Best Answer

Answers

• GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    rfs1111 said:
    One of my credit cards has changed its name and I updated the card name and the memorialized list for the new info.
    Please explain how and where you changed the name. This needs to be done under the Accounts List.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • rfs1111
    rfs1111 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding. I changed the name in the accounts list ( tools accounts) and in the memorialized payee list. When I reconcile the account under the new name, the old account name shows up in the check register when I pay the credit card. I can change it manually, but I would like to eliminate that old name if possible.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may have added the name to the Renaming Rules.
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • rfs1111
    rfs1111 Member ✭✭
    I did not consider that the old name was coming forward from a past payee name in the checking account register. I was only correcting the current entry name. I performed a search and replace on all old account names and that may solve the issue. I won't know for sure until I reconcile the account at the end of the month. Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.