Quicken Premier 2012 - only backs up data thru 2013

Today my Backup suddenly stopped capturing all data. Now backup only captures through mid-2913. All transactions from 2913 thru today are now now missing. I restored from yesterday’s backup... all transactions appeared ... good news.
But I then tried a backed-up and the backup only captured thru mid-2013....
Please let me know if anyone else has this issue and how to fix it.
Many thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Typo— thru 2013 not 2913
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are you performing the Quicken Backup -
    and then, how did you realize that 2013 data and beyond was missing ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• quickkathy
    quickkathy Member
    edited December 2019
    Many thanks for taking time out of your holiday to reply to my question.

I backup each time I use quicken. My process is (1) file>backup>confirm destination is my C drive>Quicken Backups and that I have selected “attach date and time to file name”>ok. Once I receive”backup successful “, I then repeat the process but this time I select my E drive that holds a flash drive, thus giving me 2 backups.

Right now if I open the file and restore from an earlier version all data through that backup will be there. However, if I backup that file with a new file name, the result is “backup successful... but after closing down and reopening... all data after 2013 is again missing.

I can see that data is missing after 2013 because now each account only has transactions through mid-2013. I looked in each account and the last transaction showing in each account is from 2013.

I’m running Quicken Premier 2012 US release R2(21.1.2.12). My computer is a Dell with windows 7. I have not done any upgrades or changes to systems for approx 11 months.

Again thanks for you help.
  • thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @quickkathy ,

Instead of making two Backups, I would suggest that you eliminate the Backup to the C: Drive and buy another Flash Drive and have two Flash Drive Manual Backups of your Quicken Data.

Quicken Backups made to your C: Drive isn't a true Backup, since if your C: crashes or if the operating system becomes unbootable you would need to find someone to recover your Quicken Data.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R53.16 USA

Windows 10 Pro 32-Bit Build 19045.3693
    Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19045.3754

This discussion has been closed.