Can I use 2 files with different Quicken IDs on the same computer?

I am the treasurer for a club. I would like to have both my personal data and the club’s data, in separate files, on the same computer. I would like the club’s file to have its own subscription & Quicken ID. Since both files & installations are tied to a Quicken ID, can this be done?

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but I believe your will get tired of logging in/out between different Quicken Ids as you change between files.
    It is something you do in Edit->Preferences->Quicken Id (log in as different user) and you will only do the installation once.
    I would look into running a virtual machine and run the club's license in it, it is a lot cleaner setup.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• RNAndrews45RNAndrews45 Member
    Understand. If I use my ID for both files, can I switch club’s file to their ID when I am no longer treasurer?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Understand. If I use my ID for both files, can I switch club’s file to their ID when I am no longer treasurer?
    Yes.  Are there any plans for someone at the club to need to see the records via QMobile?  If so, they would be using the QID assigned at that time to the data file which would be yours so then you could not use it for personal use.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  QW 2015, 2016, 2017 & Subscription  -  Win10
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many transactions, a month, does the club have.  One where I was previously the Treasurer, and then the President, had about 4 transactions a month ... which I input all at once so that "switching IDs" was a trivial and infrequent effort.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • RNAndrews45RNAndrews45 Member
    edited December 4
    Splasher, no, the club will not be using QMobile.