There is no option to update 401K holdings for any account that does not sync with Quicken. (Q Mac)

John
John Member
edited December 2019 in Investing (Mac)
I have several retirement accounts that do not sync with Quicken and I used to be able to update the quarterly statements when I was using the Windows version. I switched to Mac last year and this feature does not exist. SHAME! This is a basic feature that should be wizard driven. Can the Mac development teams spend more time with the Windows team to add this basic feature to the Mac version? It is marketed as though it exists, but it does not.

Best Answer

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    John, could you elaborate on exactly what you're having trouble updating in your investment accounts? I'm a longtime Mac user, so I'm not familiar with the details of how features are implemented in the Windows version. But I do regularly update my investments after receiving quarterly statements. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @jacobs, in QWin there is, under that Gear icon in the upper right corner of the register, the options to either "Update Cash balance" or "Update Share Balance".
    This would normally be used when the FI doesn't permit downloads.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

This discussion has been closed.