Why does my security value/balance not match statement

i have a mutual fund with e.g 200 shares with market value of $ 5 per share (so total value is $1000) but my screen says value is only $125! even though i've updated the share prices etc.

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Well, Total Value is the product of multiplying the # of shares by the value per share ... so at least one of the 2 is wrong.
    Have you gone to the Portfolio (click INVESTING and then Portfolio) and confirmed that Q is showing the correct number of shares in the account?
    If that's correct, double-click on the security name and click UPDATE, then "Edit Price History".  Is the correct share value shown?
    ALSO, have you confirmed that you have the correct SYMBOL for the fund?  An incorrect symbol can cause Q to download quotes for a different security.
    Lastly, what Q product are you running?  What BUILD of Q?  Do HELP, About Quicken for this info.
    And, if you provide the name and symbol for the security, we can check that.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    (removed-off-topic)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    also maybe you have hidden placeholders that are messing with your share balance - go to Edit > Preferences > Investment transactions and make sure Show hidden transactions is checked.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

If the number of shares is right you might have a price dated in the future or a wrong price listed for the current date. Edit the price history to check. Or even a transaction dated in the future.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.