Accounts that do Not Auto-Update

Hello All. Wanted to know who you approach accounts that do not Auto-update. Namely credit cards? Is it better to wait until the invoice is issued by the credit card company and then import into Quicken or update as you go? It seems to me that [removed] is better for Auto-update features and it is free whereas I have paid for this. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• chitownhockey
    chitownhockey Member ✭✭✭✭
    The bigger question is:  Why aren't your credit cards updating during One Step Update?

You'll need to provide the Quicken version and release you're using...and the credit card companies that don't auto update. 
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    I suspect you may be referring to accounts that may not import transactions using One Step Update because the financial institution does not support the Direct Connect or the Express Web Connect connection methods for these accounts but does support the Web Connect connection method.  The frequency with which we choose to download and import transactions for these accounts is based on how frequently we use the account. 
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @BaskInMyGlory Please do TOOLS, Account List and tell us what appears in the "Transactions Download" column adjacent to each of the pertinent accounts and also the info that @chitownhockey previously requested.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• BaskInMyGlory
    BaskInMyGlory Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    @NotACPA as per your request. It says "No" or not available. This accounts I tried to do Express Web Connect but it did not work. There are several of my accounts where this did work however. But for example, my CIBC credit card has Express Connect but it appears to be very slow. A transaction on Dec 24th just showed today after I did a one-step update. Not sure if this is Financial institution dependent.

@chitownhockey

Go Leafs Go :)

Version
    R22.15

Build 27.1.22.15

Edition: Canada

Accounts that do not auto-update:

President's Choice Financial Mastercard
    National Bank of Canada (Chequing/LOC)
    Tangerine Chequing Account
    Amercian Express

I am positive all these accounts auto-updated when I used [removed].
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    "@NotACPA as per your request. It says "No" or not available. "
    Meaning that such accounts haven't been setup for download OR download from that bank/card/etc isn't available because the bank/card/etc hasn't signed the contract (or, revoked the contract) with Quicken/Intuit to provide downloads.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• @NotACPA Yes makes sense. I will just have to do those manually. Thanks for all the help.
This discussion has been closed.