Primary Sort Report by Category Group, then Categories within the groups

Options
I have a basic Income Expense Report that I would like to view with expenses separated by Personal and Business. I have successfully created the Category Groups and assigned expenses to each. According to Help, I should be able to select Category Group tab in customize report however tab does not exist.

Any suggestions?

Ex. INCOME category group
income categories detail

PERSONAL EXPENSE category group
personal expense categories detail

BUSINESS EXPENSE category group
business categories detail

TRANSFERS...

Best Answer

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Or you might try the surprisingly flexible report at Reports > Banking > Cash flow by Tag.

Click the gear to customize, then set Row to Category, Column to the date interval you want, and Organization to Category Group.

The only downside I see to this is that the category groups are arranged alphabetically, so you might have to do some creative naming of the groups to get them in the order you want.
    QWin Premier subscription
  • Leah Theige
    Leah Theige Member
    Options
    Did you happen to find a resolve for this? I was trying to do the same thing. The two suggestions didn't really do it for me. I don't really want to create new categories of Personal, Business, Rental and rearrange everything since they are already organized in Groups. I just want to sort by Group then Category.
This discussion has been closed.