Tax reports

pljewkes Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in Investing (Windows)
How do I change a transfer from my investment account to my ck account to not be a tax line item. Looks like I can’t edit a transfer account. True? Then how to classify for a tax report?

Best Answer


  • pljewkes
    pljewkes Member ✭✭
    What is taxable in these transactions is the income in the investment account not each monthly transfer.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right click on the account's name in the Account Bar and select "edit".
    Then see screenshot:

    This is where you control which category is applied to investment transfers, in and out
    -splasher  using Q continuously since 1996 -  Subscription Quicken  -  Win11
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are also to manually set or clear the tax line item assigned of a transfer entry in a non-investment register by right-clicking on a transaction (or selecting Edit on a split entry) and selecting Tax line item assignments.
  • pljewkes
    pljewkes Member ✭✭
    Thanks very much all!! I’ve been using Quicken for over twenty years and I still don’t know everything about it! I’ve got it pretty well tamed but I forgot how to control the tax attributes.
This discussion has been closed.