Price update not updating Apr 2019 and Oct 2019 despite MULTIPLE retries at updating prices.

Options
Tracyrh
Tracyrh Member ✭✭
I have several months, namely Apr 2019 and Oct 2019 with no updated stock and mutual fund closing prices. It would take forever to manually enter (and look up on the internet) the historical prices for 40+ mutual funds and individual stocks. I keep updating at the several different places in the Quicken, yet those months are the old, un-updated prices. Is my version of Quicken broken? I have Quicken Deluxe 2018, functional until Jan 2021.

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Options
    What do you mean by "the old, un-updated prices"?  Downloading historical prices will not replace historical prices that are already in your Quicken file.  If you already have historical prices in those months that are wrong you will need to delete those wrong prices and then when you download the historical prices the prices will repopulate for the missing data. 
    Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to do a multi-security mass deletion of historical prices (maybe someone else knows).  I think you will need to go into the price history for each security individually.  You can then select a date range of up to 5 years of prices to delete by clicking on the date on one end of the date range and then, while holding down the Shift key, click on the date on the other end of the date range.  Then when you click on delete that entire highlighted date range will be deleted.  Quicken will download price histories for up to 5 yrs if you select that option and the deleted price information will repopulate with the data in your next download of historical prices..

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.